actress Tessa Thompson getting love for tweet regarding biracial representation in movies

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Half the black kids in film and movies are biracial, despite the adult actors being black.

I was just coming to say this ish man.

Or two black parents with a biracial looking kid, n the husband ain't looking at his wife funny.

I have nothing against biracial people EXCEPT for when they're pushed as the image of blackness.

They're def degrees of black, and understand the struggle(i hope) but when they're held up as the standard for blackness, i object.

Leave it to Hollywood, it'd be nothing but pink n golden people in all the movies.

Panther was the first movie i saw where EVERYONE black looked undiluted.

(No offense intended in regards to dilution)

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Its not good to just simply dismiss someones experiences which is basically dismissing their life.

Hating on biracials for no other reason other than they are biracial is racist, evil, weak and stupid.

NO ONE choosea to be bi/multiracial. Just as noone chooses to be what ever unmixed race they are.

Remember being problack doesnt mean being anti anyone else.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
There is an entire generation of black people who up until social media, had no real interaction with other black people, little understand of black culture and did not even know where to look for black representation.

that same generation now has a voice, and somehow became the influencers of black culture online.

@Y2Dre :lupe:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I prefer this.

I would rather them represent biracials as actual biracials than trying to cast biracials with 2 black parents.

This is why Spider-Man homecoming didn't bother me. Chick was biracial in real life and the movie, just like Amandla Sternberg.

I only start to have a problem when biracials take the roles of black people :yeshrug:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Honestly I prefer this.

I would rather them represent biracials as actual biracials than trying to cast biracials with 2 black parents.

This is why Spider-Man homecoming didn't bother me. Chick was biracial in real life and the movie, just like Amandla Sternberg.

I only start to have a problem when biracials take the roles of black people :yeshrug:

Yeah, this.

There seems to be a confusion in comprehension going on in this thread. It's looking like one side is interpreting it as her being happy to see bi-racials (actors/actresses) on screen when she is really expressing how nice it is to see bi-racial families being represented (mother/father/child) on screen....which totally makes sense because, while it's plenty of peoples' realities, a lot of biracial actors get cast in mono-racial roles.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I could see what she is saying. Every commercial now though has biracial kids and interracial parents so things seem to be coming along.

Its getting kinda weird though. In the show "Everything Sucks" on Netflix, one of the main characters who looks likes a younger version of dude who played Black Panther, has a white father.