ACTION AUGUST! The Coli's Top 10 Action Films ***FINAL LIST***

What genre should the next top 10 list be for September?

• High School/College/Frat

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Sports

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Comedy

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • War

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Crime Story...in English...It has some good parts. The movie as a whole is worth watching.

I bet you didn't know that a bunch of Jackie Chan Hong Kong movies are edited for US audiences

Crime Story Was the one where he was standing behind this car and was supposed to like jump up onto the hood of this other car but he timed it wrong and the other car came barreling full speed into his leg, i cant find the footage but that one always makes me cringe.

However, Crime Story was originally a script that was redrafted for JC especially because it was supposed to be a jet li movie, thats why its so dark. While not an Entry in the Police Story Genre I still dig that flick.

There are actually 4 more police stories as opposed to the 2 sequels that get high acclaim, Supercop was really Police Story 3 and First Strike was really Police story 4. I think Michelle yeoh went on to make her own police story movie? I remember that one simply because it had Jackie Chan in a cameo fight scene where he was dressed in drag along with Hon Sam from infernal affairs. Now, New Police Story, is kind of a sequel but really has nothing to do with the other flicks, but its still a good flick considering jackie's age at the time and him shaking his image of being a bafoon in his last few flicks (Rush Hour, Shanghai Noon, The Tuxedo) Theres Also Police Story 2013 which i have not yet seen:

:myman:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
So....about these monthly lists.

I think we should be tossing in some "Best actors" lists......even get more specific, like "Best COMEDY Actors"....or Action, etc..........

:manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's still fresh in peoples minds I guess. If they make a part 3 I bet that will be the new goat action film. I wish more people saw IP Man. Seems like a lot of martial arts movies are getting thrown into the bushes because of The Raid movies success.
IP man 3 set for 2015 :lawd:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Initially we went with comic book flicks because several cats requested it so I relented. The thriller thing is going to need thought because we'd need clear definitions of what a thriller is and what a horror movie is
its pretty clear to me breh

thrillers are the hitchcocks and clouzout type films

though there have been a lot of thriller/horror the past 10 years but i think its pretty obvious when a movie is horror

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
The comic book shyt is kinda played out on this board imo. i say we push that till next spring :sas2:
Yea I'm not a big comic book fan so my list will be :flabbynsick:for sure. I might just wait to see other peoples lists and choose from them since I'm not any type of expert on comics or super hero movie greatness.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
its pretty clear to me breh

thrillers are the hitchcocks and clouzout type films

though there have been a lot of thriller/horror the past 10 years but i think its pretty obvious when a movie is horror
I think it's KINDA obvious but then you have stuff like silence of the lambs (which I think is horror) and Se7en (which I kinda think is horror) but someone could easily say they're thrillers
The comic book shyt is kinda played out on this board imo. i say we push that till next spring :sas2:

Yea I'm not a big comic book fan so my list will be :flabbynsick:for sure. I might just wait to see other peoples lists and choose from them since I'm not any type of expert on comics or super hero movie greatness.
That's what I said but there was some blowback and cats said there are enough of them to make a good list. I feel like everyone's list is going to be really similar and the official top 10 is predictable as hell. I can predict it right now on the spot. We all could.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
That's what I said but there was some blowback and cats said there are enough of them to make a good list. I feel like everyone's list is going to be really similar and the official top 10 is predictable as hell. I can predict it right now on the spot. We all could.

:patrice:
1. The Dark Knight
2. The Avengers
3. Spiderman 2

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I think it's KINDA obvious but then you have stuff like silence of the lambs (which I think is horror) and Se7en (which I kinda think is horror) but someone could easily say they're thrillers

Real talk...thats why it should be pushed back until after next avengers comes out so the stans can get brutal as fukk. :mjlol: tdk might finally have some comp. :sas1:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Real talk...thats why it should be pushed back until after next avengers comes out so the stans can get brutal as fukk. :mjlol: tdk might finally have some comp. :sas1:

I'm saying it will be a unanimous number one. And Avengers will more than likely be unanimous number 2 with Cap 2 as 3rd..not saying I agree or disagree but just going off the board that's how I see it. Spider-Man 2 will be in the top 5 and possibly the first Iron Man or Batman or Batman Returns..to quote Heston's character from True Lies..."It doesn't blow my skirt up"

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I'm saying it will be a unanimous number one. And Avengers will more than likely be unanimous number 2 with Cap 2 as 3rd..not saying I agree or disagree but just going off the board that's how I see it. Spider-Man 2 will be in the top 5 and possibly the first Iron Man or Batman or Batman Returns..to quote Heston's character from True Lies..."It doesn't blow my skirt up"
There will be a lot of Blade votes tho. Age of Ultron beter be dope tho. i think Whedon is overrated though.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot

images