A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Forgot all about Varys. But I think at some point they would have to show him making his way back to Westeros as opposed to just popping back up
i think Kevan survives this season too. no way Varys just shows up to kill someone we haven't seen in a while

not sure about this finale, a lot of ground to cover in 57 minutes

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
I have a feeling that tristine is going to die in westeroes which would align dorne w/ dany.

you think Varys might make an appearance too? :lupe:

Before the start of the season I was really onboard with the theory that the show would make trystane Aegon instead of doran's son. I gave up on that a while ago but the last episode reopened that door imo; With kevan and pycelle in King's Landing and Trystane heading there too, in addition to varys being mia for so long, I could definitely see the Dance With Dragons epilogue playing out, with varys revealing to a dying kevan that trystane is really "aegon." Still feels a little farfetched, but the possibility is there :yeshrug:

Another, less farfetched possibility is that, with trystane heading to the capital, HE is the "handsome young man" littlefinger offered as a gift to olenna. In which case I could see myrcella having a fatal "accident" on the way home, clearing the way for a marriage pact between dorne and the reach. The season opened by foreshadowing of the deaths of cersei's children, so I think it would be fitting to have at least one of them die before season's end

Edit: oh, and shireen explaining the Dance of the Dragons was another thing that made me think the show might still be introducing aegon; so that the audience would be aware of the history if/when a second Dance happened

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Before the start of the season I was really onboard with the theory that the show would make trystane Aegon instead of doran's son. I gave up on that a while ago but the last episode reopened that door imo; With kevan and pycelle in King's Landing and Trystane heading there too, in addition to varys being mia for so long, I could definitely see the Dance With Dragons epilogue playing out, with varys revealing to a dying kevan that trystane is really "aegon." Still feels a little farfetched, but the possibility is there :yeshrug:

Another, less farfetched possibility is that, with trystane heading to the capital, HE is the "handsome young man" littlefinger offered as a gift to olenna. In which case I could see myrcella having a fatal "accident" on the way home, clearing the way for a marriage pact between dorne and the reach. The season opened by foreshadowing of the deaths of cersei's children, so I think it would be fitting to have at least one of them die before season's end
:ehh: i'd be alright with this, especially if trystane knew he were aegon and was playing myrcella the whole time

second option is lame, at least at first glance :yeshrug:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I don't know how they're going to fit everything into an hour next week:
Jon deciding what to do about Stannis command
For the Watch
Cersei's walk
Arya and Trant
Brienne
Sansa and whatever she's doing
Battle for Winterfell
Edit-Forgot about the aftermath in Mereen

That's a lot of stuff to cram into 60 minutes

doran still has to reveal his true intentions too.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:damn:

what racist and sexist shyt has she said?

i dont pay attention to ASOIAF stans outside of this forum

i guess i should do my research, i'll need to know what buzzwords to listen for if i want to choke someone while waiting in the line for TWOW when im 38

here is a full rundown of her craziness.

thestarkalypse.tumblr.com/post/38793074715/

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
here is a full rundown of her craziness.

thestarkalypse.tumblr.com/post/38793074715/

I was looking for TWOIAF info and kept seeing her name pop up, so I googled and ended up on that page. Then I wasted about an hour of work time reading up on her crazy.
Now I hit her twitter up at the first sign of book fan rage and she has never disappointed. :wow:

The meltdowns are the stuff of the truly insane. Like some kind of crazy twitter tourettes syndrome. :pachaha:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
WOW....uncharacteristiclly, GRRM actually cleared something up for us

On his blog, he basically confirmed that show Nights King is not the same Nights King from Old Nan tales

That kills my Starks=Others hype:francis:

This is a baaaaaaad week for theories.

Jon for new Nights King?

Jards

All Star
Daps

Dorne and Highgarden don't fukk with each other though

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I don't know about show Renly, but book Renly had whole the Reach on his side, and aside from the Florents, the Reach houses stand together. Not only that the Reach is populous (thus full of soldiers) and bountiful (thus full of food to eat and sell), and the Tyrells have plenty of coin. Not to mention the Reach has talented soldiers in the high ranks as well.

In the book the only thing Renly lacks is the money and the navy of the Redwynes because Paxter's kids are being held by Cersei and crew,

Stannis comes from a shythole rock that produces nothing of worth, which is fitting because he's a piece of shyt person who does nothing of worth.

Anyway @fact , I've been eagerly anticipating your downfall and demise for far too long a while. Now I demand you present yourself to me at Bath and Body Works in the Columbia Mall so I may introduce you to the business end of my parasol. Once I've finished flogging you, you will buy me some moonlight path body cream. Body cream not body lotion. The distinction is vital!
THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY COT DAMMIT :damn: