But it may be tied into this:
114821-nights-king-gif-Imgur-Game-of-hl5f.gif

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Can anyone eleborate on why a Stark must always rule winterfell

I know about the promise … Maester Theomore, tell them! A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men!

:mjcry:

shyt had me so hyped when I read that.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
You joking breh? This was like the GOAT G.O.T. moment for book readers

We talked about this shyt for days

HBO even temporarily called it the "Nights King" which spawned a whole new set of theories

Tell me you are joking:dwillhuh:
i'm just drawing a blank as to when it happened legitimately

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
i'm just drawing a blank as to when it happened legitimately
Im on my phone and limited but search youtube for "Oathbreaker White Walker scene"

shyt has all kinds of implications if that truly was the Nights King.

There are 12 generals behind him blurry
...the Nights King was the 13th Lord Commander of the Watch

shyt has all kinds of implications

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Im on my phone and limited but search youtube for "Oathbreaker White Walker scene"

shyt has all kinds of implications if that truly was the Nights King.

There are 12 generals behind him blurry
...the Nights King was the 13th Lord Commander of the Watch

shyt has all kinds of implications
such as what? and you were meaning season 4

ya idk why i forgot this at all :I

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Can anyone eleborate on why a Stark must always rule winterfell

Not yet.

But it may be tied into this:
114821-nights-king-gif-Imgur-Game-of-hl5f.gif

such as what? :I

OK...first things first you gotta understand the tale of the Nights King. The 13th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch. Was the brother of the King of The North, so he was a Stark. Supposedly he fell in love with an 'Other' woman they ruled the Nights Watch together until he was killed.

But one thing that is clear is we can NOT trust these tales. GRRM makes it very clear that his fictional historic legends are not necessarily told with accuracy over time, mimicking the way tales spread and become something different over long periods of time in the real world.

So then we come to this scene in Season 4's Oathbreaker episode. Alone, it is an amazing scene simply because it took us to the Land of Always Winter, showed us a ice palace of the Others, showed some sort of government type setup among the Others, and also showed us that they could transform Craster's babies into Others.

But then when you add in the piece of info that HBO dropped on their website (and later pulled) calling this character the "Nights King," it really throws a major curveball at us because this does not line up with the "well known" tale of the Nights King in current day Westeros as told by Old Nan.

In that Oathbreaker scene, there were 12 other shadow government figures along with the 'Nights King'....this seems like no coincidence, seeing as how the NK was the 13th Lord Commander. What if the end of the Long Night was not brought about by the Others being driven North and Brandon the Builder constructing the wall? What if the Others themselves built the Wall as an agreed upon boundary? What if they had a pact with the humans and sealed this pact with an arranged marriage between a Stark and an Other? What if the Nights King was actually a planned marraige and not a betrayal?

Perhaps the "Stark must always be in Winterfell" was a part of this pact. Perhaps the reason they are coming south is because humans have violated the pact. Maybe the Others have some sort of greensight ability into the future and saw that the Starks (the flesh and blood relatives of the Nights King and the Others perhaps) would be driven from Winterfell?

There are a ton of questions. There are a ton of holes. But the Nights King being alive is the key to them all. Are the Others and the Starks blood relatives? I think they might be....

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
To be clear, if HBO just fukked up and that character was not intended to be the Nights King of Old Nan's tales, then a lot of what I posted isn't relevant.

But nonetheless, I still think that the Others ARE Starks and other miscellaneous Northern families. I have no evidence for that without the Nights King though.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Perhaps the "Stark must always be in Winterfell" was a part of this pact. Perhaps the reason they are coming south is because humans have violated the pact. Maybe the Others have some sort of greensight ability into the future and saw that the Starks (the flesh and blood relatives of the Nights King and the Others perhaps) would be driven from Winterfell?
THIS is the real question, because if they don't then the theory about then turning up because starks got pushed out of winterfell is moot cuz they were ALREADY moving at the beginning of the damn story when Nedgawd was lamping in Winterfell

it'd mean that something else entirely caused them to start moving

at the same time it's obvious Dany is tied to them in some way as well cuz the return of dragons gave almost everyone and everything with magical energy a huge boost, the timing was just TOO perfect to be a coincidence