A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I'm on the 6th book (The Bonehunters) and I'd say it's just as good as ASOIAF but a lot harder to get into. Also the effort to remember names, places, affiliations, etc. is on par with how difficult it is for non-book readers to keep up with GoT.
Finished malazan 2 years ago. The twist that happened :wow: shadowthrone and cotillion da gawds :lawd:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Who ever the hell he is, I can't wait for more Aegon VI material.

I'm not sure why people see him as a brat either, I think he outgrew it once he took Tyrion's advice about heading to Westeros. He's even putting himself in the front lines taking castles. :wow:

Aegon VI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dany

Aegon is gonna feel the ether of all seven hells when he finds out he's just a sewer rat that Varys found in a garbage dump. His entire life he's been led to believe his father was this gallant noble prince, that he was royalty and that he was the true heir to the entire Seven Kingdoms. Breh gonna commit that when he learns he's just the son of some fat greasy overweight merchant :damn: He gonna either commit that or kill everybody who knows the truth :mjpls:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Aegon is gonna feel the ether of all seven hells when he finds out he's just a sewer rat that Varys found in a garbage dump. His entire life he's been led to believe his father was this gallant noble prince, that he was royalty and that he was the true heir to the entire Seven Kingdoms. Breh gonna commit that when he learns he's just the son of some fat greasy overweight merchant :damn: He gonna either commit that or kill everybody who knows the truth :mjpls:

:russ: I'm not sure how that secret would be exposed but I'd rather him kill everybody that knows instead of suicide. Have him still run for the throne on some belief that he's still best option to rule Westeros.

You can tell he's already for low folk.

When Jon Connington saw his first choice for KG he was like :beli: "You can't have a peasant for your guard, you need nobles, b."

Aegon VI :childplease: "Nah, the Kingslayer was a noble. I don't need noble nikkas... I need brehs that will ride and die for me."

:wow:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Am I the only person who was like :what: when Jon Connington revealed he was suffering from Greyscale? Not that he was suffering from it, but that can potentially fukk up the entire situation.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Just thought last night about how for the first time in the GoT series, they had Dany's titles include the Rhoyner. Seems like this may be due to Tyrion's upcoming travels and the JC Greyscale outbreak.

No idea why it was cut out of the show until Episode 40 though. Maybe their long term goal was originally going to include cutting that part of the story out

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Except that he is a Blackfyre descendent and not the son of Rheagar :mjpls:

Even ignoring all the textual clues that he is the son of Illyrio and his Blackfyre wife Serra, I feel there are major plotholes in Varys' actions if Aegon is truly a Targaryen.

For someone who wants to restore the Targs to power, Varys and Illyrio sure were seemingly careless with Dany and Viserys' lives. I feel like they only viewed those two a a means to add credibility to Aegon's claim. Someone who truly loved the Targs should not have sent Dany out into the Dothraki sea where she was at a high risk to die.

I am also starting to think that it was Varys who started the rumor that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna. I know a lot of people think it was Littlefinger, but I'm not sure. If Varys truly served the realm he would have wanted Rhaegar in charge, but obviously this is not the case. I think Varys fed into the Mad King's paranoia and started Roberts Rebellion in order to set up the switcheroo for Aegon with (f)Aegon. He didn't expect Robert to triumph which is why he pleaded not to open the gates to Tywin, because he knew that would be the end of the war and his plan would be ruined. It ended up costing him 16 years before he could re-implement his plan

The textual evidence is just too much for me to ignore as well. And so are the Dunk and Egg tales. We already know that D&E play an important role in the main tale because that is where all our Bloodraven info comes from, so it makes sense to me that fleshing out the Blackfyre rebellion in those tales serves a purpose to the main story as well.
imma come clean

i still haven't read the Dunk&Egg tales :yeshrug: got too much other stuff on my backlog right now before i can get around to reading it

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Midnight Tides is the 5th. I google so many names, races, etc. and end up ruining shyt for my self. Who's your favorite character so far? Put that in spoilers, doe:whoa:

Kalam, Quick Ben, Cotillion, Anomander Rake, Karsa and the bridgeburners...favorite race is Tiste Andii and favorite house is high house shadow:ahh:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
going through my first re-read

this fukking part

Littlefinger ignored the jibe. He eyed Ned with a smile on his lips that bordered insolence "I have hoped to meet you for some years, Lord Stark. No doubt lady Catelyn has mentioned me to you. "she has" ned replied with a chill in his voice. the sly arrogance of the comment rankled him. "I understand you new my brother Brandon as well". Renly Baratheon laughed. Varys shuffled over to listen

:lolbron: Renly never gave a fukk yo, nikka even shytted on Joff right in front of Cersei and Robert when he found out how Arya fukked him up