$450k house in NY vs $450k house in Fort Worth, TX

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My boy traveled to Atlanta last year to find a job for nursing since he finished his program and wanted a new fresh scene from what he's used to here in NYC.

The outcome, dude told me the jobs he was finding paid peanuts down there. He decided to not bother moving instead cause at least RN nurses are paid well here.

That's the case with many of the jobs there, the pay is lower because the cost of living is lower. I guess that's the trade off.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
yall making all of this money to be enjoying the culture of new york? all the bars, parties, lounges, events......

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Define "right by everything" for me. You mean it's like a 5 minute drive from downtown or something?
That part is right by Addison and Richardson. So not really close to five minutes to downtown. Addison and Richardson are suburbs and Addison is known for nightlife in that region.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Isn't fort Worth full of cacs, Mexicans, and embarrassing blacks? My wife went to Dallas for business and said it was boring as shyt and white washed

Im on Amtrak right now leaving NYC. Spent the last few days in Williamsburg and midtown . NYC got alot wrong with it, for one it's probably the only city where it's normal to constantly see 20 bags of trash on the sidewalk....on every block. But if you young (under 40) it's def better than anything in the South not named Atlanta, Houston,or Miami. Mad clubs, mad restaurants, and the women are exotic as shyt cause it's a destination city.

Oh and it's plenty of broke ppl in NYC living life. My bol lil brother work retail and dude stay wilding at roof top parties and living that Ian Connor life

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
My hubby is from NYC. :francis:

He always says the people still living in NY like living rough, or don't know any better.

I think he may be right, because chile...:picard:
Yep

A lot of them are just ignorant about the rest of the country. Just read some of the responses from the NYers in this thread.

They think the are no jobs in the South or there is no "culture" in the South. In the meantime Atlanta and Houston are some of the most diverse places in the country. The City of Clarkston which is a small City 8 miles from my door step is the most diverse per square mile in the country, period, according to Time magazine.

But you listen to clones like this post from @Alpha Male , @levitate , even @mjgrin or @ridedolo you'd think libraries, museums, bars and lounges and stuff duct exist outside in the South.t

Meanwhile most NYers who leave NY as adults will tell you there never heard go back to live there, ever. Only people I've known to move from NY to places like Atlanta or Miami that actually went back to NY were in their 20s and delusionally thinking that the "grind" of NYC is still worth it.

My main chick who is Guyanese but born and raised in NYC says despite some of her struggles in GA ain't no way she move back to NY despite having a dad there who'd pay her mortgage for her with no problem.

Last edited:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Yea, but one is cheaply made and filled with asbestos :sas2:

The most important & underrated comment outta this whole thread..

These cheap materials & rush job houses these mfs are putting together nowadays especially in the south:francis:They'll start breaking down & will need repairs in 4-10 yrs:russ:thats the shyt mfs don't be thinking :francis:

Yeah it look nice & affordable but you're buying bullshyt

Colorbond-Metal-Roof.jpg

Meanwhile a brick bungalow made in 1920s will last longer wit minor maintenance & modernizations over the yrs.. basically u can live in it til u die & pass on to yo kids:ehh:
2-3 generations can live in the same house u bought for that $450k 90yrs later:wow:

cdc9b3943e1bb80270515cc91df416b6--cottage-tudor-cottage-style.jpg

U can't do that wit these suspect ass mini mansions or houses mfs be building nowadays ....

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can we just say that there are 450k homes that are much more spacious in New York that are not in NYC?

:ld:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Can we just say that there are 450k homes that are much more spacious in New York that are not in NYC?

:ld:

Yeah, maybe in rural Orange County but I ain't tryna make that crazy commute like some of my coworkers :mjlol:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Those houses won't be cheap down here for much longer since everyone is coming here.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, maybe in rural Orange County but I ain't tryna make that crazy commute like some of my coworkers :mjlol:
There's people who don't even like commuting to Manhattan from Queens tho.
But I see your point.

:ehh:

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
Fort worth isn't dallas.

What is 450k in Westchester County?

depends where in westchester, its a huge county. definitely something decent, and nicer than the house that was posted in jamaica, just about anywhere in westchester for 450k. but in some towns in westchester 450 isnt great.

you can get something decent for 400-500 in the lower hudson valley, not a mansion or a crazy dallas mcmansion, but that area is beautiful.

me personally id rather live in the house posted in jamaica (also depends where in jamaica, bc jamaica is a huge area) than anywhere in westchester or outside of the city. or anywhere in dallas. but thats just me. i like NY, to a fault...its all i know. to be real NY state is a fukkin joke especially the city. ridiculous taxes, cost of living, low quality of life, corrupt/inept theiving government. but i wouldnt want it any other way :russ:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fort worth isn't dallas.

What is 450k in Westchester County?

Depends on what part. U can get something nice for that range if u search. My sis in law got a 4 bedroom here in yonkers for 250k but it was a foreclosure and my boy got a nice house for 350k in the bx. The taxes and water bill is killing peoples pockets out here now and its like the politicians are just taking turns fukking the voters each term.

I got fam that dipped and said they are never coming back but i love it here and cant see myself living anywhere else and i experienced most of the places mentioned in this thread. I like texas but i could never get used to that heat. Florida i hate all that damn rain. Atlanta is beautiful but i would like to just visit not relocate.

Cali is the next place i need to visit and i think that state might hook the shyt out of me