3 albums in and NOT A SINGLE DR.DRE BEAT for Kendrick!

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
*still waiting on Detox*

:mjgrin:

:mjcry:

skeleton_PNG5548.png

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They've recorded a lot of shyt that will never be released. That happens to most rappers involved with Dre though. Making music to him is like working out in the gym. It's just something you do, the rest of the world doesn't see it.

Best thing Dre has done for TDE is let them do what they want and help make Ali the best young engineer in music.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I think Dre is top 5 hip-hop producers of all time, but I'm always surprised when people still want to hear hits beats that bad in 2017.

Serious question. Since working with 50 Cent in 2003 and Game in 2005, has Dre done more than a handful of beats on anyone's album? Even with those guys it was only a few beats each, with Mike Elizondo, Mark Batson, etc, playing keys and strings and what not.

The last time Dre contributed significant beats to a project that really come to mind is the Relapse album with Eminem the same year.

Kendrick was signed as an artist that already had his own sound, his own production team, etc. Would I like to hear Kendrick over a Dre beat here or there? Sure. But there are producers doing way more interesting shyt in 2017 than Dre. And again, Dre is in my top 5, and if anyone put him at the #1 spot I wouldn't argue at all.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That Dre co-sign still means something, or at least meant something when Kendrick signed on.

I don't think he ever needed any actual music help from Dre.

Wouldn't mind hearing Kendrick over a dope ass Dre beat though, but it doesn't seem likely.

Maybe we'll get one on Detox. :troll: