$1.6 billion reparations paid by U.S. government

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Yea you right about that, they glad reparation talk has died down for now. And if either were to be brought up, they gone throw Obama at us as a collective one. For both reparation & the 4 acres & mule for ALL black people dead or alive.

Absolutley. shyts going to be hard being a black person after Obama's term is up. Everything always comes back full circle.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
on behalf of the descendants of the slaves.

:ohlawd:

We all pretty much have a basic understanding of what occurred in those times....it's common knowledge in most respects, however in a law suite, I think you would have to identify exactly who those individual slaves were and how you were directly related to them in order to make a case...

I don't think simply claiming that "all blacks were slaves in America...therefore because I identify as black...I'm entitled to compensation" is going to cut it in court.

The same problem would occur with the 40 acres and a mule argument.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
this doesn't need a link, cuz its true. I actually knew about this YEARS ago. the japanese that were put in the internment camps during WWII era were all paid out in the early 80's by the government.

and if they weren't alive, their descendents were paid out. the actor george takai from star trek has talked about it specifically saying he got a check like 30 years ago cuz he was in one of those camps as a kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_internment_in_the_United_States#Reparations_and_redress

so not only did the japanese get reperations from our government, but they got an apology as well.

:skip:Gosh they really hate us... :snoop:

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
We all pretty much have a basic understanding of what occurred in those times....it's common knowledge in most respects, however in a law suite, I think you would have to identify exactly who those individual slaves were and how you were directly related to them in order to make a case...

I don't think simply claiming that "all blacks were slaves in America...therefore because I identify as black...I'm entitled to compensation" is going to cut it in court.

you do realize that prior to slavery, Africans weren't here in America right?

I don't think it'd be terribly difficult to establish that present African Americans are the descendants of slaves.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Why introduce this?

40 acres and a mule was a promise by the U.S to newly emancipated blacks as a form of reparations. It was overturned by a South sympathizing Andrew Jackson. My mom grew up in the segregated south. Many men and women from that era are still alive today ---- especially their direct descendents. The distance between when the Japanese were given reparations, and the Civil Rights Act of '64 is only separated by roughly a decade.

Point is that America has had, and still has, plenty of opportunity to do whats right.

Hire an attorney and state your case then.

As for myself, I honestly don't know too much in detail about my direct ancestors prior to the 20th century. I can't really say who or what I would sue, and on the behalf of whom and for how much.

I can't just waltz into a court room and tell the judge that my great great grandparents were slaves somewhere in Virginia and therefore ask for reparations.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat

are you descended from someone that was put through the European HOLOCAUST against Africans that now has citizenship in their country?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Not like you people would do anything worthy if they got reparations. Just spend that money on unnecessary material things.
don't be so negative, but that possiable reality aside.....they should be given the choice to do whatever it is they want with the money they receive

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
you do realize that prior to slavery, Africans weren't here in America right?

I don't think it'd be terribly difficult to establish that present African Americans are the descendants of slaves.

I'm glad you figured that out all by yourself.

But who are you suing and on the behalf of who exactly?

A judge (and rightfully so) may expect you to trace in detail who you were a descendant of and where...

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Not like you people would do anything worthy if they got reparations. Just spend that money on unnecessary material things.

and?

if you get in a car accident and you're awarded a settlement, do you give a fukk what other people think about what you're going to do with the money?

:ohlawd:

Last edited:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Hire an attorney and state your case then.

As for myself, I honestly don't know too much in detail about my direct ancestors prior to the 20th century. I can't really say who or what I would sue, and on the behalf of whom and for how much.

I can't just waltz into a court room and tell the judge that my great great grandparents were slaves somewhere in Virginia and therefore ask for reparations.

Dont flip this on me....you were the one who made the point that the Japanese men and women who were paid reparations, were direct victims. Not only is this wrong (heirs were paid if direct victims were deceased), but I fail to understand what the relevancy is. Segregation ended 50 years ago, and most of those men and women are still alive today.

You have an obvious ulterior motive.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Why introduce this?

40 acres and a mule was a promise by the U.S to newly emancipated blacks as a form of reparations. It was overturned by a South sympathizing Andrew Jackson. My mom grew up in the segregated south. Many men and women from that era are still alive today ---- especially their direct descendents. The distance between Japanese internment, and when the Japanese were given reparations, versus the Civil Rights Act of '64 to today, is only separated by roughly a decade.

Point is that America has had, and still has, plenty of opportunity to do whats right.

That's true. That's why I laugh at the notion of a post racial America.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I wonder if that ancestry.com could help in that case to deem if one has had slave ancestors who were guaranteed land & a mule... Prolly not, it's prolly some bullsh1t website.
I believe a concept like that could help with identifying what part of Africa someone is from which could serve as a guide in determining the standard of life they were robbed of had it not been for the holocaust their ancestors had to endure.