The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Take Care and NWTS are my favourite Drake albums. Those 2 would be classics above the others.

NWTS was always his best shyt for me,

Even listening back to Take Care it's a lot of :patrice:this don't really hit like I remember it hitting tracks on there.
But the whole Album was a moment, classic off impact at that time alone.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
views should not be in any classic convo, it was probably the most anticipated and hyped release of drakes career considering he was on the run of his life with great albums prior to it and when it came out it was incredibly disappointing, smash hit singles aside

faithful and feel no ways are amazing album cuts though, feel no ways is a top 5 drake song ever for me.. but that overall album is not a classic and did not live up to expectations, people in general just have this "2016 was the last amazing year for music" narrative and group views in with it because of the singles that came from it

Daps
NWTS was always his best shyt for me,

Even listening back to Take Care it's a lot of :patrice:this don't really hit like I remember it hitting tracks on there.
But the whole Album was a moment, classic off impact at that time alone.

Yeah NWTS he hit his peak with the rapping and the melodic tracks also.

IYRTITL was good and hard but the reference tracks, and him starting to act tough was a little off-ish. Scorpion was cool but CLB, and For the Dogs did nothing for me

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Views is better than you remember, I listened recently and was like :ehh:

But definitely not a Classic....

views was never a horrible album. my biggest issue has always been that it felt way too watered-down lyrically. even by commercial drake standards. but it's not a bad album, especially compared to some of his weaker work.

calling it a classic is some bullshyt.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
imo...

classics:
  • so far gone
  • take care
  • if you're reading this it's too late
borderline (i won't argue against them):
  • nothing was the same
  • her loss (might be too early for people to get on board, but i think this album is as good/better than anything drake has released aside from SFG, TC and IFYRTITL)

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Ish not understanding art is subjective bothers me.

It's like he thinks everything should have 1 definitive meaning when the genius in art is highlighted in if something can be taken multiple ways and still make sense.
He's so useless in music discussions it's absurd. Any time they about to get into a heavy music discussion Joe need to leadoff with "Let's talk music...ISH SHUT YO HOE ASS UP AND SELL SOME DOORS nikka... Now that that's out the way..."

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
The episode with akademiks was so good

Have yall not noticed how 50 is kinda siding with drake in this beef?
then the whoo kidd, the "nikkas got me talkin like im 50", the g unit chain in the video etc.

It really does seem like hes going through what 50 (and mike) went through. And kanye kinda alluded to that with the "elimination of drake"

:sas1:
50 isn’t some boogeyman bully who just says his mind always. Dude has always dikkrode Drake lol, both Drake and 50 got people against them due to reasons they created

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
4 is definitely plausible, I think 3 is undeniable. Take care, so far gone, IYRTITL, nwts. shyt some people have views in there

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps
I get the comparison but Joe has actually praised Drake a lot for him to be Skip Bayless lol

I had a detailed post a few weeks back about this. Joe makes up baseline praise comments that he tucks shade onto the end, thinking he slick. He said something on the pod right before Euphoria dropped like "nobody can doubt the boys Pen when he in his bag. I don't know about all that pedo shyt, but his pen is fire" :francis:

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
views should not be in any classic convo, it was probably the most anticipated and hyped release of drakes career considering he was on the run of his life with great albums prior to it and when it came out it was incredibly disappointing, smash hit singles aside

faithful and feel no ways are amazing album cuts though, feel no ways is a top 5 drake song ever for me.. but that overall album is not a classic and did not live up to expectations, people in general just have this "2016 was the last amazing year for music" narrative and group views in with it because of the singles that came from it
Bruh I dont even talk music with people who wasn't actually outside 09-17 . All the great music was put to the test and when Views dropped it was mediocre outside like you siad the singles. Sidenote...2010 - 2012 was crazy Drake Cudi Wale charles hamilton Weeknd Lupe Good Music early Meek mill, FUN, Ross, Kanye Mannnnnn. smhhhh fml and I dont care when that Rihanna song hopless place came on at 1 am DR Umar himself wouldn't be able to stay focused brothers

Last edited: