Nintendo Switch Successor confirmed to be announced this fiscal year

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if they will at least have decent specs to compete with all the handheld pc gaming devices.
I want to lean towards no because Rog Ally, Lenovo Go, and Steam deck cost much more than a Switch. However, Nintendo must be getting a crazy deal from Nivida since they can guarantee them 100m+ units sold. PLus, DLSS should be able to give it some performance boost. I think only thing we know is Nintendo won't sell it a loss, but I think it's possible it might be able to match the steam deck, but not expecting anything crazy. Lastly, I think Switch 2 won't come close in power to the next iteration of the handheld PCs

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I want to lean towards no because Rog Ally, Lenovo Go, and Steam deck cost much more than a Switch. However, Nintendo must be getting a crazy deal from Nivida since they can guarantee them 100m+ units sold. PLus, DLSS should be able to give it some performance boost. I think only thing we know is Nintendo won't sell it a loss, but I think it's possible it might be able to match the steam deck, but not expecting anything crazy. Lastly, I think Switch 2 won't come close in power to the next iteration of the handheld PCs
:scust:

all this to play a couple mario and zelda games over the next 7 years

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
"Successor to Nintendo Switch", "Nintendo Switch Successor" doesn't exactly sound like a Switch 2.

Nintendo may have something else entirely, perhaps with Switch 2 elements.

The fact it's taking this long (9 years from previous announcement) means there's potential that it's a whole new platform and a game changer.

Switch 2 elements for sure, but with all the other heavy handhelds I'm sure they're going for something more innovative rather than a specs race.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
"Successor to Nintendo Switch", "Nintendo Switch Successor" doesn't exactly sound like a Switch 2.

Nintendo may have something else entirely, perhaps with Switch 2 elements.

The fact it's taking this long (9 years from previous announcement) means there's potential that it's a whole new platform and a game changer.

Switch 2 elements for sure, but with all the other heavy handhelds I'm sure they're going for something more innovative rather than a specs race.

The switch wasn't even really innovative so if they not upping the specs unless you REAALLLYYYY fiending to play some mario games why would you cop one of these shyts and not a deck, or a deck 2 which will be dropping eventually.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
The switch wasn't even really innovative so if they not upping the specs unless you REAALLLYYYY fiending to play some mario games why would you cop one of these shyts and not a deck, or a deck 2 which will be dropping eventually.
I'd say it was pretty innovative as far as the entire form factor was.

Wasn't the first portable, nor was it the first portable providing native system graphics.

However, it was innovative in the sense for console games with how you can easily go from playing a game on a handheld to a game on any TV with a dedicated controller in a sleek transition with zero downtime.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I'd say it was pretty innovative as far as the entire form factor was.

Wasn't the first portable, nor was it the first portable providing native system graphics.

However, it was innovative in the sense for console games with how you can easily go from playing a game on a handheld to a game on any TV with a dedicated controller in a sleek transition with zero downtime.

It wasn't really a good portable system imo, once the steam deck dropped. the graphical and performance drop off in handheld mode was so noticeable I sold mine because I was only goign to be using it for trips etc.

If they do come with something new it at least has to have 1:1 performance on and off tv for me to consider.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still am shocked that Mario Kart 8 is still selling so much like who doesn't have it yet!?
A new Mario Kart and 3D Mario is automatic day uno.
Smash Bros hopefully for the year after.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
MK9 is the one game i don't know where they can go. Where realistically can they take Mario Kart now? MK8Deluxe with the dlc pass is as close to a perfect game as u gonna get.
I mean yea u can simply do (smash bros kart) but :scusthov:

Smash Bros will simply get the MK8Deluxe treatment for the Switch 2.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
It wasn't really a good portable system imo, once the steam deck dropped. the graphical and performance drop off in handheld mode was so noticeable I sold mine because I was only goign to be using it for trips etc.

If they do come with something new it at least has to have 1:1 performance on and off tv for me to consider.
Yea ever since I got my rog ally, there was no need for my switch. Being able to run ps4, ps5, games on a handheld >>> playing the same Mario and Zelda games