Looking at Drake/Kendricks move in the aftermath, I think Kendrick got played heavy won off of masterful recovery moves, aka Tyson Fury vs Wilder

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nahh. It ain't over. Once the dust settles. And Kendrick better hope he doesn't fall out of favor with the public. Cause it could get ugly for him as well. This battle took a nasty ass turn especially in this climate. On both ends.

Mal hinted that Drake has something else. I’m assuming proof, maybe pics. I think Drake needs to just leave that shyt alone. It’s not worth it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mater Manipulator really got people thinking he PLANNED to have his Family Matters video debut snuffed out by Meet the Grahams and followed up by a smash hit the very next day (quoting lyrics from Family Matters.

Big budget music video but you forgot to film the Kendrick setup that would've been your trump card. Oh I guess they just forgot to do that throughout the process :mjlol:

I was saying it when they dropped by so many of Drake's bars are already aging like shyt and it hasn't even been a week.

"YOU LIED!"

Yeah assuming Drake set him up, I don't see a rational reason to let "the bait" go on this long.

The window to stop "Meet The Grahams" was directly after it came out. Ideally whatever proof Drake had should've been posted within an hour of that song.

Now, even if he does it literally right now, it's far too late.

Kendrick on the other hand can do nothing, and it doesn't hurt him because people already moved on to "Not Like Us".

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mal hinted that Drake has something else. I’m assuming proof, maybe pics. I think Drake needs to just leave that shyt alone. It’s not worth it

Mal is a moron that was quoting Twitter conspiracies that got debunked 3 days ago, in the most recent podcast. He's gone off the deep end. I wouldn't trust him with the time of day at this point.

Fred.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Thread is pure copium.

He lost. Every move he made was telegraphed and prepared for in advance and you talmbout “Kendrick got soooo played, he just lucked out with recovery moves”

You playing yourself with that story but by all means continue.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
What discredits this is Drake posting on IG soon after Meet the Grahams with "Now they are are saying I have a daughter? These guys are in shambles" and then going mostly quiet on Saturday as Not Like Us exploded besides posting vague memes and telling Akademiks he'd pay people to find his supposed daughter. If he really had set this whole thing up he coulda shut down Meet the Grahams immediately after it came out.

The question remains is where did Kendrick get the daughter stuff from. If I had to guess he just got it from shyt on IG and the internet.

Last edited:

Sir ZDuke

All Star
Daps
Don’t remember who dropped this take on here, but it’s 💯 — no one really cares about the veracity of a line in a rap beef. If it’s catchy, people laugh and ride with it. Till this day, no one knows if Jay was really 36 taking karate classes. Kendrick just showed who the better mc was :yeshrug:

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What discredits this is Drake posting on IG soon after Meet the Grahams is "Now they are are saying I have a daughter? These guys are in shambles" and then going mostly quiet on Saturday as Not Like Us exploded besides posting vague memes and telling Akademiks he'd pay people to find his supposed daughter. If he really had set this whole thing set up he coulda shut down Meet the Grahams immediately after it came out.

The question remains is where did Kendrick get the daughter stuff from. If I had to guess he he just got it from shyt on IG and the internet.
Drake’s immediate reaction is proof that he had no clue about what Kendrick was going to say about the daughter.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Drake still said he would beat Kendrick’s ass but Kendrick said he should die

Drake didn’t do enough and I don’t think it’s over

Hopefully Kendrick uses this moment to be more active moving forward, Cole was about to retire anyway, and Drake probably just makes an album soon with less features

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm laughing to myself because I really believe Drake played Kendrick masterfully...

But something tells me Drake was supposed to drop Family Matters at 6:16am in LA, not expecting Kendrick to drop...

So he drops at night, and as someone said before, Family Matters was supposed to ride out through the weekend, looking at the video outside of the whirlwind it does have mad Easter Eggs and shyt for people to research and talk about/react to/trend like we did with Euphoria

I think the knockout blow was Meet the Grahams, not because of the actual song, but the timing...

Think about it - if Drake and OVO knew it was coming because they planted info but did not expect it 10 min after there song dropped, that means Drake could be telling the truth, but they didn't have time to make a song, do whatever they were planning visually etc - they probably had some shyt lined up to anticipate the release, but it seems like Drake team was taking time to film, acquire info, fly places etc, and Kendrick dropping shyt with cover art and no fan fare.

So now Drake team looking dumb, really don't knwo how to say "oh we made this shyt up" because it sounds dumb now w/o immediate proof, do it anyway and look dumb

I kinda get the feeling everyone is right (K Dot had fake info, There's still a mole in OVO outside of the whoever they planted, etc. and K Dot work ethic probably saved him as well (just making songs on the fly with no video shoots)

Best chess match I have ever seen in rap history
Real talk Drake had the advantage in the beginning but once Kendrick started dropping music shyt went downhill from there. That viscious back to back with meet the grahams and not like that was masterful.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nahh. It ain't over. Once the dust settles. And Kendrick better hope he doesn't fall out of favor with the public. Cause it could get ugly for him as well. This battle took a nasty ass turn especially in this climate. On both ends.

We'll see. But from nikkas that are biased and riding with Drake(both you and @Neo TheInsurrectionistONE for example) it's like y'all want some miracle leak as an ex machina lol.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Kendrick was already gonna do a back to back when Drake Dropped. He referenced that in Euphoria. Has nothing to do with “planted info”

“You ain't like that record? "Back To Back," I like that record. I'ma get back to that, for the record”.

Also, Kenrick is a really smart dude, he saw how Ross killed the momentum for Push-ups by dropping his diss track quick and not giving Drake’s time to breathe.

Kenny did the same shyt with Meet the Grahams. Drop soon as he drops so people forget his shyt and focus on yours. Meek did it first actually, Nikkas forgot how “War Pain” killed the momentum for Drake’s “Summer 16”.