The Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (May 24, 2024) (First teaser released!)

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Really enjoyed this and they set it up the franchise well going forward. Noah is no Caesar, but who is?

I liked the angle of the white man teaching Proximus the history of Julius Caesar which was way more influential on him than the actual Caesar. It showed he was trying to steer him wrong the entire time.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
WOW this was very good.

I have it best in the modern franchise after dawn.

Dawn > Kingdom > War > Rise

The symbolism, the messaging, all very relevant.

The ending was fantastic. Visuals incredible. Ready for a new trilogy.

Fantastic franchise. They never miss.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Just watched. Love this series. Wes did his thing with directing this. Can’t wait to see where this goes next with the sequels.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Took my kids. It was pretty solid entry in the Apes saga. The 3rd act was just ok to me, and the early demise of a certain character was unfortunate because imo, was the best character in the movie.

Overall most ape fans will appreciate it, cgi is really good once again. The movie did follow a lot of tropes of the last movie tho, so not too much originality script wise.

7/10 on first watch.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
This movie was pointless.

It's just War for the planet of the Apes and Dawn of the planet of the apes all over again.

They reset everything the previous 3 movies established for no reason just to tell a story rehash.

Why the fukk
are advanced Humans still running around 300 years later? :what: The whole point of War was that Humans destroyed themselves leading to the Apes winning and taking over. Now suddenly there are human bases and them setting up another Human vs Apes storyline when the previous trilogy did all that and concluded it :trash: . Proximus was the best character, had the best story but was barely in the movie :mjtf:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
This movie was pointless.

It's just War for the planet of the Apes and Dawn of the planet of the apes all over again.

They reset everything the previous 3 movies established for no reason just to tell a story rehash.

Why the fukk
are advanced Humans still running around 300 years later? :what: The whole point of War was that Humans destroyed themselves leading to the Apes winning and taking over. Now suddenly there are human bases and them setting up another Human vs Apes storyline when the previous trilogy did all that and concluded it :trash: . Proximus was the best character, had the best story but was barely in the movie :mjtf:
What I been hearing. I'm like nah I'm good

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Solid film. I am interesting where they take things from him. Caesar is such a big shoe to fill, but Noa did a decent job as the lead. Raka was by far the most interesting character because he seems the most aware of who Caesar truly was. Hopefully that post credit voice is him because if he still is alive he can add a lot to the series going forward.

Proximus was a solid villain. Koba and Colonel still are better antagonist to me. But the big thing with Proximus that was shown that he proclaims all the teachings of Caesar, but it was obviously all for his selfish gain. I love at the end it is Casear's quote that Apes are strong together along with the birds that they raised is what brought Proximus down. The highlight of the film.

Regarding Mae, The one constant with her is that she said that she won't let the Apes have the humans old technology. Very much the mindset of this was our planet first. But obviously the humans greed which created the virus, which lead the apes to evolve and the humans to go through some massive struggles. The ending scene was interesting to me. Unlike with Caesar this wasn't a positive farewell. But in some ways it was a bittersweet one as clearly Caesar's belief of humans and apes coexisting is possible. But humans once again letting their own greed get the best of them. Which has been the theme of Dawn, War and Kingdom.

Right now I would have it as Rise > War > Kingdom > Dawn

I was nervous if this film could live up to the Reboot Trilogy and the fact it did has me excited for what is coming next.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Solid Apes movie :ehh:

A true visual spectacle. Loved every bit of landscape that was shown. I don't think there's a better series where the visual fx get better with each film. The interactions with the horses and May looked seamless. There wasn't many benchmark moments like the Caesar-centered trilogy, but it holds it's own continuing the legacy. Love the brighter palette, the previous series were all on the dark and grey side.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
is this series supposed to eventually lead to when the astronauts landed on the planet? If so then it wouldn't jive with the ending we got with this movie showing advanced humans still alive and now communicating through satellites?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
What I been hearing. I'm like nah I'm good

It's a pointless movie overall :yeshrug:

Outside of 1 element everything done was done in the previous 2 movies.

They even copied how the climax in War for the planet of the apes ends :francis:

Wait for streaming.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Where does this rank with the previous Ape trilogy? My kids wanna go but its too time consuming and expensive to take them to shyt they are gonna complain and sleep through.