Starting point

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
why yall beefin and hatin in this thread? :what: supposed to be support and positivity in here
source.gif
It’s not even a discussion thread just a look boon for motivation .

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
1 month progress

April 14

May 13

I train to mfing hard to still look like this :mjcry:

I spend at least 2 hours everyday pushing myself to the limit - this gotta be a hormonal issue. I feel like I’m losing size by the day.

King

Daps
Post routine and cals, something aint adding up.
2k cals a day - don’t keep track of macros but it’s usually carbs and fats followed by protein.

I rotate this routine everyday it goes Heavy, Stretch, and Pump. Rotate these for a full 7 days.

Heavy - pure strength on everything (3-5x5)

DB bench, decline, incline

Db shoulder press

Power Shrugs

Pull ups and dips

Cable work

Squats, alternate with dead’s every heavy day

Stretch focus on tension/isometric holds (6-8 reps x 5)

Cable work, crossovers, tricep pull downs behind the back pull downs

Cable rows, lat pull downs

Leg press

Pump 20+ reps for 5 sets each focusing on pump

Cable work, barbell upright rows, side laterals front laterals, curls

I’m forgetting a lot of stuff bc once I finish these I usually go for a lot more reps until I’ve hit every body part I wanted that day.

This shyt is definitely hormonal, I’ve never felt weaker especially mentally. I don’t even get pumps like that anymore.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
2k cals a day - don’t keep track of macros but it’s usually carbs and fats followed by protein.

I rotate this routine everyday it goes Heavy, Stretch, and Pump. Rotate these for a full 7 days.

Heavy - pure strength on everything (3-5x5)

DB bench, decline, incline

Db shoulder press

Power Shrugs

Pull ups and dips

Cable work

Squats, alternate with dead’s every heavy day

Stretch focus on tension/isometric holds (6-8 reps x 5)

Cable work, crossovers, tricep pull downs behind the back pull downs

Cable rows, lat pull downs

Leg press

Pump 20+ reps for 5 sets each focusing on pump

Cable work, barbell upright rows, side laterals front laterals, curls

I’m forgetting a lot of stuff bc once I finish these I usually go for a lot more reps until I’ve hit every body part I wanted that day.

This shyt is definitely hormonal, I’ve never felt weaker especially mentally. I don’t even get pumps like that anymore.
On a cut you should always prioritize protein first. It’s the most satiating, helps preserve muscle and build when that happens in small increments during a cut. That’s a standard and a miss in your setup. Clean that up immediately.

Otherwise you are probably doing to much in the gym. 2 hours of training, 7 days a week on a cut is no bueno. You are taxing your body ever single day and not feeding it accordingly. It’s probably not a deep hormonal issue and fixable.

Last edited:

King

Daps
On a cut you should always prioritize protein first. It’s the most satiating, helps preserve muscle and build when that happens in small increments during a cut. That’s a standard and a miss in your setup. Clean that up immediately.

Otherwise you are probably doing to much in the gym. 2 hours of training, 7 days a week on a cut is no bueno. You are taxing your body ever single day and not feeding it accordingly. It’s probably not a deep hormonal issue and fixable.
I try to eat 2lbs of chicken every other day.

But now I’m gonna start taking 2-3 scoops of vegan protein a day (allergic to whey and dairy). That is around 25g of protein per scoop.

And gonna take a reset week this coming week to give my body a break

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I try to eat 2lbs of chicken every other day.

But now I’m gonna start taking 2-3 scoops of vegan protein a day (allergic to whey and dairy). That is around 25g of protein per scoop.

And gonna take a reset week this coming week to give my body a break
Reset is fine but you need to dial back your training. That has to be addressed. Taking a break isn’t the solve IMO.

King

Daps
Reset is fine but you need to dial back your training. That has to be addressed. Taking a break isn’t the solve IMO.
Physically under normal circumstances I can handle that kind of training. Could prolly do 4 hours a day if I pushed myself.

I come from an athletic background and usually get around 9-10hrs of sleep daily with a sedentary lifestyle. Apart from a 15-20 min jog every other day I don’t do any physical activity.

I believe that my protein is way too low - actually gonna bump it up and do 4 scoops a day do get to 1.25x per pound

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Physically under normal circumstances I can handle that kind of training. Could prolly do 4 hours a day if I pushed myself.

I come from an athletic background and usually get around 9-10hrs of sleep daily with a sedentary lifestyle. Apart from a 15-20 min jog every other day I don’t do any physical activity.

I believe that my protein is way too low - actually gonna bump it up and do 4 scoops a day do get to 1.25x per pound

head-coach-jose-mourinho-takes-off-his-headphones-annoyed-while-real-picture-id165263356

King

Daps
I mean it’s not like is 2 hours straight balls to the wall training. I only go heavy 3x a week.

Most of my training is pump and tempo. Prolly RPE 6 on average non-heavy days. That’s 4x a week very doable. It just takes a long time because I like to hit the same muscles with multiple angles.

King

Daps
You going to do what you going to do man……..

I tried
You said to “dial back” the training and offered no alternatives. Never said I wasn’t willing to listen, you just assumed that. If you got better alternatives let’s hear em

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You said to “dial back” the training and offered no alternatives. Never said I wasn’t willing to listen, you just assumed that. If you got better alternatives let’s hear em

Fair

The point on a cut is to maintain as much muscle as possible and get as much movement as possible. You are training like you are in a building phase. IMO 7 days lifting is too much. 4 is probably a better target. Right now you are limiting calories and not giving your body time to recover. Your coritisol is probably through the roof. You also need to up your non-exercise movement up a lot. More walking for sure.
The Right Way to Train for Fat Loss | T NATION

Last edited: