Rate My Fantasy Squad: Coli Edition

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Won my frat league for the 2nd time. This was probably my best year managing my team due to injuries . Lost my rb1(chubb) for the season, Had several guys miss multiple games, had the 2nd highest points against total, snuck in the playoffs as a 6th seed :wow:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So here was my Championship lineup

Josh Allen
Justice Hill (not originally drafted)
Brian Robinson (not originally drafted)
Davante Adams
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Nico Collins
Trey McBride (not originally drafted)
Jakobi Meyers
Harrison Butker (drafted, but dropped and re-added for the final week)
Denver Broncos DST (not originally drafted)

186.86 points this week.

If you can believe it, my drafted RBs were Dameon Pierce and Cam Akers -- two absolute disasters.
I got carried at the RB position by Raheem Mostert (11th round pick).

It was a rough effort.

Week 15 (playoffs) I had to play Raheem Mostert and Keaton Mitchell.
Week 16 (playoffs) I played Mostert and Antonio Gibson.
Week 17 (championship) I played Justice Hill and Brian Robinson.

Injuries happen to all of us. And sometimes guys bust. I feel bad for people who got burned by Austin Ekeler and Tony Pollard.
But you have to try and find value and exploit matchups.

There is a certain degree of luck in fantasy sports. You can't control injuries and you can't control how many points a player will score. But over time if you make smart decisions, you should win.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Took home the title in one league. No money in my others (got Amari Cooper'd last week in one; another couldn't overcome injuries to Andrews/Taylor/Tank/Kirk).

Championship lineup:

QB: Lamar Jackson
RB: Jaylen Warren
RB: Zamir White
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: Puka Nacua
TE: Tyler Kraft
Flex: AJ Brown
K: Brandon Aubrey
DST: Philly

Won by 50 points :wow:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Took home the title in one league. No money in my others (got Amari Cooper'd last week in one; another couldn't overcome injuries to Andrews/Taylor/Tank/Kirk).

Championship lineup:

QB: Lamar Jackson
RB: Jaylen Warren
RB: Zamir White
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: Puka Nacua
TE: Tyler Kraft
Flex: AJ Brown
K: Brandon Aubrey
DST: Philly

Won by 50 points :wow:
I would have been screaming at the tv every time Najee Harris got a carry.
Warren still had a great game, but every one of those Harris touches could have easily gone to Warren.

I would probably bet that this was Najee Harris' highest scoring fantasy week of his career. Definitely this season.

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
Championship squad.

QB: Josh Allen
RB1: McCaffrey
RB2: R. White
RB/WR: Z. White
WR1: Lamb
WR2: DJ Moore
WR/TE: JSN
TE: LaPorta
FLEX: Hubbard
Defense: 49ers
K: Sanders

I won 197-180

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
So, I won my 12-man money league this year. Biggest pot we've had to date ($750 to 1st place. $250 to second. $125 to third. Buy-in was $125)....

....but I want to post the squad I won with because this is definitely the most improbable win and greatest comeback I've ever had since I started playing back in 2007.

So this was my draft:

1. Nick Chubb :deadrose:
2. Amon-Ra St. Brown
3. Joe Burrow :deadrose:
4. Deebo Samuel
5. Miles Sanders :deadrose:
6. Brandon Aiyuk
7. San Francisco Defense
8. Rachaad White :wow:
9. Harris Butker
10. Jordan Addison
11. Taysom Hill
12. Brock Purdy
13. Zay Flowers
14. Sam LaPorta :wow:

Yahoo Draft Grade was a C-, of course...and here was the summary... :heh:

MecB529.png

Long story less long, Nick Chubb obviously gets his shyt folded in like...week 2 and he's out for the year.

Joe Burrow is ASS for the first quarter of the season because he's injured before he finally gets put on IR for the year.

Miles Sanders loses his job to his back-up....so on and so forth. Addison is a dud. Taysom Hill is a dud, but Sam LaPorta is a BEAST.

It's so bad that as the trade deadline approaches, I'm either dead last or one spot away from it. I was definitely dead last for a few weeks in a row. I forget how many wins I had at that point, but once Burrow is out for the year, I start looking for trades.

The commissioner (my boy from college) manages to go undefeated for the entire season. At this point, he has McCaffrey, Josh Allen at QB, Tyreek Hill...so it's ALL bad for the rest of us and when he sees me in last, he offers me a trade:

Amon-Ra St. Brown for James Cook and Jaylen Waddle.

At this point, I'm floundering without a consistent RB, so I pull the trigger but it's not like I can get any worse than last.

Guys start popping up in the chat HEATED like, "Yo...we might as well give him the trophy now. There's no way anyone's beating him now.

At some point, I pick up Geno Smith & Matt Stafford as my QB since Burrow's done. I think I even tried Jake Browning out for a game. Geno gets benched and Browning is too inconsistent, so I'm starting Stafford every week to close the season out.

Somehow, I end up heating up, Deebo, Rachaad White, James Cook, and Stafford start going crazy and my defense is holding it down (I still have San Fran and I picked up Cleveland at some point).

I end up coming ALL THE WAY back to take third place in the end and I make the playoffs. (I'm Waka Flacco Flame)

wy01Mbn.png

I destroy my opponent in the quarterfinals.

Upset the 2nd place team by 5 points in the Semifinal.

HQRLyoi.png

Then I end up in the finals with the commish (still undefeated) with the projection being him winning 126-118.57....

LETfnA2.png

...and fukking win....on the backs of Aiyuk, my kicker (Butker), my defense Cleveland), and hail-mary sub for Josh Jacobs (Zamir White).

$770 (extra $20 for having the highest score one week) right after the holidays with two little kids after working 110 hours in two weeks. Brehs, I could honestly cry. :mjcry::wow:

Almost lost my love for this fantasy shyt, but god bless this senseless gambling game of hopeful strategy that we love. :blessed:

It's been my theory for years, it's ALL up in the air. You just have to make the playoffs. :wow:

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Yall ever play in a league where the commissioner spent the money, and didn't pay out the winnings? The commissioner doesn't live anywhere near by and I joined through a mutual friend. So it ain't nothing for him to jus never pay, and I would just have to take the L

Last edited:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Yall ever play in a league where the commissioner spent the money, and didn't pay out the winnings? The commissioner doesn't live anywhere near by and I joined through a mutual friend. So it ain't nothing for him to jus never pay, and I would just have to take the L
Nah. All the leagues I've been in I either knew the commissioner personally or we used an app called leaguesafe. It will automatically disburse the winnings to the individual accounts so you don't have to worry about junky commissioners.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Man that's messed up. Yeah if I'm running with strangers something like LeagueSafe would be a must.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
:snoop: Just found out he did this another league too.. He scamed a few people. Basically he's played wit most of these dudes for years, and waited until he became commish to run off wit everybody money

Nah. All the leagues I've been in I either knew the commissioner personally or we used an app called leaguesafe. It will automatically disburse the winnings to the individual accounts so you don't have to worry about junky commissioners.

Man that's messed up. Yeah if I'm running with strangers something like LeagueSafe would be a must.