phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It represented the avg Black person more than Insecure

I know you'll disagree but it's true

And nothing about it was portraying Black ppl in a poor light (except JJ when he got flanderized)

Insecure wasn't bourgeois. Issa is working class. In fact, all of her work went towards improving her community.

Now Black-ish, that's a bourgeoisie show.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I was told by some old Chicago people that good times was a decent representation of the 70s in Chicago

I couldnโ€™t really fukk with it after I watched the black Jesus episode and it really made me analyze Florida and how she was fukking every lic up James had

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I couldnโ€™t really fukk with it after I watched the black Jesus episode and it really made me analyze Florida and how she was fukking every lic up James had
Florida Evans.......
was the villain of that show.....

and she kept getting away with it.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It represented the avg Black person more than Insecure

I know you'll disagree but it's true

And nothing about it was portraying Black ppl in a poor light (except JJ when he got flanderized)
Did it though? They had no good times, and the average black person during those days were all about making something out of nothing, and the best out of every situation. Even though we struggled, as kids, we never really noticed it because of the way things in the house and neighborhood were. The Evans were beat down at every situation, and did not have happy moments. Now that would've been fine if the focus were solely on the parents, but the show was more about the kids.

What's Happening, Sanford and Son, and maybe That's My Momma were probably the average black family.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Did it though? They had no good times, and the average black person during those days were all about making something out of nothing, and the best out of every situation. Even though we struggled, as kids, we never really noticed it because of the way things in the house and neighborhood were. The Evans were beat down at every situation, and did not have happy moments. Now that would've been fine if the focus were solely on the parents, but the show was more about the kids.

What's Happening, Sanford and Son, and maybe That's My Momma were probably the average black family.
Yes, shows can have different tones

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
I was told by some old Chicago people that good times was a decent representation of the 70s in Chicago

it was the true story of the first Lionel Jefferson life