Could the average coli gym rat do my gym workout?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I agree but I wanted to see what his reasoning for saying that was. I think more people should try it just to push their body in a different way.

I agree folks are lazy, don't actually pay The Iron Price plus tax, and need to push themselves. This is the reason the majority of folks are fat and look like it, and mist will be born, live, and die without ever being skrong.

Even most contemporary "studies" about volume⁰ make errors by either equating volume across routines, using inappropriate exercise selection, or not using resistance-trained men.

We know newbs don't need 10 sets of anything because their bodies will respond with less and 10 sets of a compound barbell lift will probably see their form collapse from fatigue.

What about intermediates and advanced trainees? 10 sets might be all that much, especially if the reps and/or weights are kept low(er).

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Or is it too much volume? :mjpls:

Push day
Bench: 3 Warmup sets,6 working sets 3-8 reps, 1 Burn out set
High incline DB or DB shoulder press 5 sets 8-12 reps.
DB Lateral raises 10 sets, AMRAP
Rolling DB extensions: 5 sets
Tricep ext 10 sets,AMRAP
Yes, though I don't know what rolling DB extensions are.
Pull/Leg day
10 sets of trap bar deadlift
10 sets of barbell rows
5 sets hammer strength row, 8-12 sets
10 sets shrugs, AMRAP
10 sets rear delt flys AMRAP
5 sets of leg press
5 sets pull ups, AMRAP
10 sets curls, 8-12 reps
5 sets hammer curls,8-12 reps
5 sets reverse curls, AMRAP
5 sets wrist curls, AMRAP
Outside of a dropset not doing 10 sets of anything.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I agree folks are lazy, don't actually pay The Iron Price plus tax, and need to push themselves. This is the reason the majority of folks are fat and look like it, and mist will be born, live, and die without ever being skrong.

Even most contemporary "studies" about volume⁰ make errors by either equating volume across routines, using inappropriate exercise selection, or not using resistance-trained men.

We know newbs don't need 10 sets of anything because their bodies will respond with less and 10 sets of a compound barbell lift will probably see their form collapse from fatigue.

What about intermediates and advanced trainees? 10 sets might be all that much, especially if the reps and/or weights are kept low(er).
You just talking.

Bet I look better than you without a doubt

10 sets for one exercise is unnecessary

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Why would I do that much volume if I can get the same results with less

When those injuries start to pile up :ufdup:

Good exercise selection tho

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
That’s excessive junk volume

Excessive… How much do you weigh and lift?
full

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Pull/Leg day
10 sets of trap bar deadlift
10 sets of barbell rows
5 sets hammer strength row, 8-12 sets
10 sets shrugs, AMRAP
10 sets rear delt flys AMRAP
5 sets of leg press
5 sets pull ups, AMRAP
10 sets curls, 8-12 reps
5 sets hammer curls,8-12 reps
5 sets reverse curls, AMRAP
5 sets wrist curls, AMRAP
this is 80 sets ? in 1 day ? in 1 gym session ? This would take near 3 hours, if you never took a break longer than 1:30 just doing the math.

Not a piss break, not a talk break, not a look at social media break, not just catching your breath longer than usual break... :stopitslime: realistically between bathroom breaks, drink breaks, talking to random people breaks that does happen at times, you are looking at a 4-5 hour work out :stopitslime:

its 80 sets.. lets assume 8ish reps each (some may be 12 some may be 6) - 30 seconds per set and 1:30 minute rest between sets if you are lifting healthy and not just doing bull shyt

this dont even count the time it takes to set up stations :stopitslime:

this is not a good work out :manny: and im sorry im not believing you are lifting for 4-5 hours in 1 gym session with very little breaks :manny:

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
this is 80 sets ? in 1 day ? in 1 gym session ? This would take near 3 hours, if you never took a break longer than 1:30 just doing the math.

Not a piss break, not a talk break, not a look at social media break, not just catching your breath longer than usual break... :stopitslime: realistically between bathroom breaks, drink breaks, talking to random people breaks that does happen at times, you are looking at a 4-5 hour work out :stopitslime:

its 80 sets.. lets assume 8ish reps each (some may be 12 some may be 6) - 30 seconds per set and 1:30 minute rest between sets if you are lifting healthy and not just doing bull shyt

this dont even count the time it takes to set up stations :stopitslime:

this is not a good work out :manny: and im sorry im not believing you are lifting for 4-5 hours in 1 gym session with very little breaks :manny:

Why would I lie? It takes about 2:45-3:00 hours to finish. I do the push routine on saturday and the pull routine on Sunday.
During the weekday I’m in the gym for about 1:45 so it’s fewer lifts and a lot less volume.

Yea you’re right I take rest breaks between 30 seconds and 90 seconds for rear delt flys, pull ups, curls, and wrist exercises. Those are all reverse pyramid sets, so I do a certain weight for 2 or 3 sets then drop the weight 5 lbs.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Why would I lie? It takes about 2:45-3:00 hours to finish. I do the push routine on saturday and the pull routine on Sunday.
During the weekday I’m in the gym for about 1:45 so it’s fewer lifts and a lot less volume.

Yea you’re right I take rest breaks between 30 seconds and 90 seconds for rear delt flys, pull ups, curls, and wrist exercises. Those are all reverse pyramid sets, so I do a certain weight for 2 or 3 sets then drop the weight 5 lbs.
How old are you, height and weight nh

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You just talking.

Bet I look better than you without a doubt

10 sets for one exercise is unnecessary

And you just talking out your ass. :umad:

Bet I skwat, bench, and dead more than you without a doubt, weak bytch.

Folks on Smolov, nSuns, 5/3/1 BBS, German Volume Training, etc are all hitting 10 sets (or more) on 1 exercise.

Edit: Number missing

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Why would I do that much volume if I can get the same results with less

When those injuries start to pile up :ufdup:

Good exercise selection tho
That’s excessive junk volume
And this is how I know you guys don't lift seriously. You are too scared to push yourself because you worry about injuries. And you say it's junk volume, based on what? How can you say you get the same results with less? You don't even know what his goal is :gucci:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
And this is how I know you guys don't lift seriously. You are too scared to push yourself because you worry about injuries. And you say it's junk volume, based on what? How can you say you get the same results with less? You don't even know what his goal is :gucci:
10 sets of ONE EXERCISE IS fukkING RIDICULOUS!

Unless you’re a power lifter wtf is that?!

Anyone here wanna compare physiques? 99% of y’all not touching me and I ain’t even big.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
And you just talking out your ass. :umad:

Bet I skwat, bench, and dead more than you without a doubt, weak bytch.

Folks on Smolov, nSuns, 5/3/1 BBS, German Volume Training, etc are all hitting 10 sets (or more) on exercise.
I said 10 sets on one exercise, not your entire workout. I’m not doing 10 sets of flat barbell chest press then go on to do the rest of my chest workout :mjlol: