Back In My Day, We Didn't Have "Bangers", We Just Had Damn Good Wrestling

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Wrestling fans went from rooting for wrestlers to win to rooting for the wrestlers to put on a good show.

That's the inherent problem with modern wrestling.

and now when they root for a wrestler it isn't because of what you see on-screen, it's because of who they perceive the guy to be in real life

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
When kayfabe officially died, a lot of the kids who went on to become wrasslers decided that "Since everyone knows it's predetermined, why bother making anything look credible?"

That goes for their appearance, their matches, and their characters. It's obviously not everyone but that's the biggest problem I see with modern wrestling. They see themselves as artists who have no problem showing the collaboration with the other people they're working with.

Which is a silly attitude because if someone is an actor, they don't just say to themselves, "None of this is real so I won't even bother trying to make it seem real."

There are still ton of great people in the game who get the way things are supposed to work, even in the modern context but there's still way too many goofs who are more worried about Unca Dave than the lapsed fans who would come back if they could just restore that feeling of believable competition and conflict.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
shyt evolves but you right. I will point to a Bret Hart or Mr Perfect match and put it against a Daniel Bryan, Osprey and Kenny match (and I like all 3 of those and think their style gets too much hate)

But its all relative. Things dip and then change and then get dip again and changes.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
When kayfabe officially died, a lot of the kids who went on to become wrasslers decided that "Since everyone knows it's predetermined, why bother making anything look credible?"

That goes for their appearance, their matches, and their characters. It's obviously not everyone but that's the biggest problem I see with modern wrestling. They see themselves as artists who have no problem showing the collaboration with the other people they're working with.

Which is a silly attitude because if someone is an actor, they don't just say to themselves, "None of this is real so I won't even bother trying to make it seem real."

There are still ton of great people in the game who get the way things are supposed to work, even in the modern context but there's still way too many goofs who are more worried about Unca Dave than the lapsed fans who would come back if they could just restore that feeling of believable competition and conflict.
I wish I could dap this twice.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This

As fun as the summer of punk and Daniel Bryan stuff was it legit been down hill on a train since that smart mark appealing type wrestlers became trendy

Not blaming those two exactly but really around the young bucks “SUPERKICK knee slap” run did things become this way.