Zimbabwean Billionaire Strive Masiyiwa commits $6.4 million to send African students

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
southafricascholars6.jpg

(July 12, 2012) Nigena Hamim knew exactly why he wanted to leave the African nation of Burundi and come to the United States to attend Morehouse College.

“I have a dream of fighting ethnic divisions in my country and I am encouraged to realize my vision…After all, I believe that I was born at a time like this to serve and develop my community.”

Zimbabwean-born businessman and philanthropist Strive Masiyiwa is helping to make Hamim’s dream a reality. Hamim is one of 10 students – two from Burundi and eight from Zimbabwe – who will be attending Morehouse on full, four-year scholarships, beginning this fall.

They are the first class of the new Ambassador Andrew Young International Scholars program. Masiyiwa, founder and chairman of Econet Wireless, wants African students to earn a world-class education that they can take home with them after graduation. Forty African students in all – representing an investment of $6.4 million – will go through the program.

Masiyiwa believes Morehouse and Atlanta, the center of the civil rights movement with leaders such as Ambassador Andrew Young, will be the perfect place for the students to develop.

Rest of the article.

Morehouse College

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
3 replies.. wow..

Blessings to dat man de.. MORE privileged black men need to do something like this.. instead of donating and washing your hands of it.. be the one to choose the kids and pay.. its so damn CRAY!! nikkaz talk about throwing 10-20k in the club but NAME ONE RAPPER to be like nikka i STAY paying for college tutions :smh:

SudanKingRiak

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i wish strive misiwiya paid for my college, oh well maybe he can pay me to go on tour in the state of Atlanta for my musical recordings.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
them kids aint going back to africa. they gon be ghost status soon as they get that degree..