Zelda age of calamity ending. I'm a bit confused.

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Just finished playing the game but I'm s but confused on the way how the game ended.

I was expecting the game would have a bad ending from the start but it didn't because of the littlerRobot sacrificed himself to protect the crew and Zelda finally awakening her powers in the end.

So the timeline in botw doesn't exist? it was just a glimpse of what would have happen if they failed to defeat ganon and seal him away? Could it possibly be that botw 2 would take place between age of calamity and botw . What ever the outcome in botw 2 would set the timeline for botw??

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Haven’t played it and don’t plan on it, but from reading it seems like it’s an alternate timeline. Zelda is always all over the place in that regard. They rarely even do direct sequels

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Haven’t played it and don’t plan on it, but from reading it seems like it’s an alternate timeline. Zelda is always all over the place in that regard. They rarely even do direct sequels

Yea, that's what it seems like. Botw would be where it is if Zelda, Link, and the champions would've failed to defeat Ganon. I'm also confused on how the lil robot traveled from the future to the age of calamity timeline. Zelda booted him up when she was a lil girl, :mindblown: . I gotta watch the cutscenes again.

From what I heard is that there's more than one "Link and Zelda" and but they all live their lives in different timeline.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nintendo pussied out and decided to give the game a happy ending instead of trying it directly to BoTW. It’s an alternate timeline.

Game would have been so much better if they kept it canon and made BoTW a proper trilogy

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Nintendo pussied out and decided to give the game a happy ending instead of trying it directly to BoTW. It’s an alternate timeline.

Game would have been so much better if they kept it canon and made BoTW a proper trilogy

Thank you. That what came into my mind when i reached to the final cut scene. I was waiting for Ganon to appear again and destroy them but nope. Nintendo want their games to be like disney's movies, happy endings and all. I did however enjoyed playing botw and the prequel.

But I want nintendo to make their Zelda series in the future a bit darker. (Like twilight)

One of the cutscenes left me wondering about Zelda's mom when she said "mother" and the lil robot appeared on the screen.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Just finished playing the game but I'm s but confused on the way how the game ended.

I was expecting the game would have a bad ending from the start but it didn't because of the littlerRobot sacrificed himself to protect the crew and Zelda finally awakening her powers in the end.

So the timeline in botw doesn't exist? it was just a glimpse of what would have happen if they failed to defeat ganon and seal him away? Could it possibly be that botw 2 would take place between age of calamity and botw . What ever the outcome in botw 2 would set the timeline for botw??

BotW2 will be a direct sequel from what we've seen.

Age of Calamity, like most Zelda games(in theory), is just an alternate timeline. This one just being an alternate timeline of BotW universe.

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
BotW2 will be a direct sequel from what we've seen.

Age of Calamity, like most Zelda games(in theory), is just an alternate timeline. This one just being an alternate timeline of BotW universe.

So what you're saying is that botw2 is going to pick off from the events of botw and not directly from age of calamity?

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
So what you're saying is that botw2 is going to pick off from the events of botw and not directly from age of calamity?

I think that would be a safe assumption.

Age of Calamity does not strike me as fully cannon.

Edit: If this was an Age of Calamity sequel it would probably carry its name