Ys and Trails Tabletop RPGs Coming in 2024

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Tabletop RPG publisher Promethium Books announced a partnership with Nihon Falcom to release two TTRPGs based on the popular Ys and Trails series in 2024, Ys: Age of Heroes and
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Destiny!

Age of Heroes will be a “traditional fantasy TTRPG” set in the world of Ys, where players can follow in the footsteps of Adol Christin and his friends by exploring dangerous lands and battling the forces of evil. In contrast, Promethium teased that The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Destiny will offer a more modern TTRPG experience where players will navigate the complex politics of the continent of Zemuria while investigating mysteries and battling the forces of corruption.
Promethium promised that both games will be designed for experienced TTRPG players and newcomers alike using the Promethium System ruleset. Each game will “feature a rich and detailed world outline, a variety of character backgrounds and classes, and a deep and engaging combat system.”

Between the two games, the political intrigue of Trails of Destiny probably makes it a bit more to my liking, but both titles sound very promising. Nihon Falcom President Toshihiro Kondo echoed that excitement: “We are happy to be working with Promethium Books on these two projects[.] We believe that Promethium Books is the perfect partner to bring the worlds of [both games] to the tabletop, and we are excited to see the wonderful adventures our fans create.”

Promethium is best known for publishing the Curesbrand Chronicles, Epic Age, and Advent Horizon TTRPGs. I haven’t had the chance to play any of these games, but I understand they’re pretty popular among TTRPG players.

Nihon Falcom has a lot going on beyond these exciting TTRPGs: their newest game, Ys X: Nordics, is due out in Japan on September 28th, for PlayStation 4 & 5 and Nintendo Switch! Check out a batch of screenshots of the game as we wait for a Western release date and think on which — if not both — of these tabletop titles to grab!

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I usually play video games based on tabletop rpgs not the other way around. My thing is though it's hard finding people who aren't cacs to play this shyt tho. Always wanted to try it tho