You’re the CEO of Sega

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Sega sees you’re the next God King Bezos, and wants you to restore the former glory of Sega by releasing a new console. :takedat:

You’re new console has to be feasible with current technology and you have to revive a dead Sega IP to move the console units. :patrice:

How do plan to market this new console too?:ohhh:

ForeverLurking

Posts as a Service
Daps
Reppin
The Place Where Dreams Go To Die
I don't think Sega can re-enter the console space, but if I had to I would go for Nintendo's lane (handheld), but marketing to the more mature crowd they don't. As well as making all Sega classics from Arcade through today available digitally
First new IP: Hotline Miami ripoff starring Sonic

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I don't think Sega can re-enter the console space, but if I had to I would go for Nintendo's lane (handheld), but marketing to the more mature crowd they don't. As well as making all Sega classics from Arcade through today available digitally
First new IP: Hotline Miami ripoff starring Sonic

If tommy tallarico can bring back intellivision, Sega can get back in the console game.

Green Hotline Zone: :jbhmm: who’s the demographic for this game how’re you gonna market it?

Call it the Dreamcast 2 and have Xbox graphics with Sony user friendly interface and try to get take two back on board to be exclusively with us like 2K originally was lol

Interesting, you talking about visual concepts? How do you get the NFL license?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Call it the Dreamcast 2

name it after a console that sold 9 million units and ceased production after 2 years?

giphy.gif

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
First, I would reunite all of the AM divisions for new, exclusives titles.

For hardware, I would do something like a Steam Deck that can play all past Sega titles, and make sure it has a dock so it can connect to TVs.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Don't think they can anymore, because they would pull from the Arcade scene for technology and direction. Not much is there anymore, so I think they'd be floating to nowhere.

If they could revive, maybe a proper online experience like what Nintendo SHOULD do. Front and center, and less of the centralized background hub the Online experience has turned into. MS tried that, but I think it was too heavy for the console and they walked it back.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
I’d relentlessly pursue college licensing and get with 2K to create college sports games

I’d try to get with developers who can make games that are marketed to girls/women to see if I could get into that market through exclusive IPs

I’d try some type of cross platform connectivity with the console and smart phones where certain games can be resumed on the phone

go back to 49.99 for games

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
First, I would reunite all of the AM divisions for new, exclusives titles.

For hardware, I would do something like a Steam Deck that can play all past Sega titles, and make sure it has a dock so it can connect to TVs.

Bringing back that Smilebit feeling:ehh: what’s the first dead IP you revive?

Don't think they can anymore, because they would pull from the Arcade scene for technology and direction. Not much is there anymore, so I think they'd be floating to nowhere.

If they could revive, maybe a proper online experience like what Nintendo SHOULD do. Front and center, and less of the centralized background hub the Online experience has turned into. MS tried that, but I think it was too heavy for the console and they walked it back.

:snoop: You’d be a terrible CEO.

I’d relentlessly pursue college licensing and get with 2K to create college sports games

I’d try to get with developers who can make games that are marketed to girls/women to see if I could get into that market through exclusive IPs

I’d try some type of cross platform connectivity with the console and smart phones where certain games can be resumed on the phone

go back to 49.99 for games

:ohhh:Going after 2 demographics huh? There’s definitely a vacuum for college sports but what ip are you using to get the ladies?

Keep in mind you got a ton of dead IPs.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sega sees you’re the next God King Bezos, and wants you to restore the former glory of Sega by releasing a new console. :takedat:

You’re new console has to be feasible with current technology and you have to revive a dead Sega IP to move the console units. :patrice:

How do plan to market this new console too?:ohhh:
I would market gamepass with my console then focus on making timed exclusives that's would eventually land on gamepass as well.

Or I guess you could create a closed ecosystem and have it be Dreamcast online. Wouldn't even have to make new games, just online play for multiplayer games, would start up Sega sports again as well because 1st party sports games is what the world needs right now

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
:ohhh:Going after 2 demographics huh? There’s definitely a vacuum for college sports but what ip are you using to get the ladies?

Keep in mind you got a ton of dead IPs.

Maybe a rhythm game similar to Space Channel 5 like. Sega has a ton of IP's they could bring back that would make some noise.

Jet Set Radio
Panzer Dragoon series
Eternal Champions
Gunstar Heroes
Vector Man
Radiant Silvergun/Ikaruga
Phantasy Star
Gunvalkyrie

That's what I thought of offhand

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
name: Genesis 2 (most consumer confidence in that brand)
form: handheld/dock hybrid
tech: 1080/60fps (ps3 on steroids)
media: SD cards
internal memory: 1TB, removable
revived game: out run (kavinsky on the soundtrack)

shamelessly copy nintendo in some ways, but aim for a slightly older average user. out run is very nostalgic and spawned a music subgenre. ultimately, the first few years would be sequels of genesis classics (streets of rage, shinobi, altered beast, golden axe, etc.) then it would expand to saturn and dreamcast's library.