Your Reaction when you heard Ice Cube's No Vaseline?

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
I remember when I first heard Death Certificate and I was thinking and the way he set it up as a Grand Finale was Monumental.

People gotta understand that during this period it was no leaks, it was no snippets, Mofos had to literally buy the album and listen for themselves. Death Certificate was a straight journey through Cube's mind and it was a rollercoaster ride. But when No Vaseline started:
"Cotdamn I'm glad yall set it off..
Use to be hard but now yall just wet and soft
First you was down wit the AK
Now I see you on a video with Miche'le?
Looking like straight bozos
I saw it coming, Thats why I went solo
and kept on stompin
When yall muthafukkas moved STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON..
:whew::whoo:

I knew after that opening. It was OVER for them nikkahs

parallax

Superstar
Daps
i remember my friends talking about it when it came out, but i never heard it. i came home and told my aunt the new ice cube album was out and i went with her to buy it. we listened to it on the way home(had to promise her i wouldnt tell my mom that we listened to it) and when we finally got to it it felt extreme like some shyt i had never heard before. it felt like cube wanted them completely out of the picture

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Too far back to remember :flabbynsick:
I was a little too young to really grasp what was happening and feel one way or the other about it

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
My homie took me to Wherehouse Music so I bought him a copy too. I was really enjoying the album then that last song came on…….

EXw9fALU8AEgw3g.jpg

I’m blessed to a teenager in the Golden Age of HipHop (90 to 95).

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Death Certificate and Public Enemy's Apocalypse 91 were the 2 big hype albums that were supposed to close 1991. Cube delivered the better street conscious album between the 2. The concept of side 1 being the death side and side 2 being the life side was different and creative. Parental Advisory Explicit Lyrics was the new wave in the early 90s so a teenager the profanity on DC was right up my alley. Doing Dumb Sh!t had me worried about busting a nut cuz I was still a virgin. US had officially made Vanilla Ice the butt of jokes. The intro to No Vaseline were you hear The Ice Cube disses from NWA mixed with the the NWA disses from Cube was a great opener. Then the beat drops. Cube was always the better rapper so lyrically dissecting NWA member by member was smart. He saved Eazy E for last. The comedy itself had me and Cube won because NWA had mostly dropped subliminals, they didn't straight up go in on a song except for in that 1 skit. The song ends and it's the perfect way to close a classic album. What did I think when I first heard it? Cube won the 2nd round And he knocked NWA down seconds before the bell. And I thought the back and forth would keep going but there was never a 3rd round.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was so blown away by the album that I forgot about the beef entirely. The album was like a tightly woven story or movie and “Us” felt like the perfect ending to a very powerful piece of art.

Then I heard, “oh yeah, it ain’t over mother fukkers” and I hit the :gladbron::leon:

The rest is history. I reacted like NWA did in the movie. Mixture of :mjlol: and :damn:

Daps
Song goes so hard, he still performs it even after burying the hatchet :whew:

It was before my time, but was cool to hear it in person.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I was 14 years old when Death Certificate dropped Freshman in High School in 1991:flabbynsick:

N.W.A. fan since 88 my favorite hip hop group of all times I had all the NWA albums & Ep, Eazy E Solo album, The D.O.C. album, MC Ren album

When NWA broke up I was torn to pieces and I still supported Cube & NWA bought 100 Milez, nikkaz4Life, Amerikkkas Most Wanted & Kill At Will EP.

I was in my Black Militant stage and I rocked with Cube a little bit more but I'm still Gangsta

When NWA dropped their diss I was like :youngsabo:these nikkas did it again, maybe Cube should of stayed with NWA, Cube getting Paws put on him by Above The Law and Ren, Eazy and Dre going in on Cube, he can't come back from this.

Death Certificate dropped, The Aftermath of the L.A. Rebellion and Cube back to his West Coast Sonic roots on his 5% and Gangsta shyt, the album was banging straight classic

True to Game was the first diss and I was like:blessed: the beat was so Soulful

:pacspit: to all The House nikka Scums

:ufdup:to the Oreos You ain't White So Stop Holding Your Ass Tight

:mjlol:
:russ:

Then I heard Cube Said Oh Yeah I Ain't Over Muthafukkas :lupe:

Then "Gotdamn I Glad y'all Set It Off"

I was like:damn:

I never heard a diss record that was so raw, vicious and disrespectful that annihilate a group ever in my life

This was my expression listening to the diss for the first time
:ohhh::gladbron::whoo::snoop::whew::noah::deadrose::damn::dead::banderas::picard::ohlawd:

It was a rollercoaster of emotions