Your options for success as a black man in america thread:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
1st my definition of success:

Able to afford to own a home in a good neighborhood .
Have money left over to invest.
Raise children.
Have a vehicle and money to travel.
Making yourself a quality mate and father type.

1) College for an advanced specialized degree. A general degree in business or sociology you can wipe your ass with.

Go for engineering, law, medical, computer science. You want to make as close to six figures as possible upon graduation.

You will have a large amount of student loan to pay back, unless you stacked up grants and scholarships.

2) Military! Enlist in Navy or Airforce if possible. Don’t forget coast guard. You can follow a high academic path and get trained in medical, engineering etc for free. You just have to know what you are enlisting for. Don’t let the recruitment officer sign you up for nothing without double checking.

Apply for the military academies while you are enlisted. West Point, navy academy and Airforce academy are top notch. If you get accepted you got it made.

Graduating you can work anywhere. Contractors will be offering you big dollars. @Wiseborn drop more info please.

3) Union jobs - you can join an apprenticeship straight out of high school. Plumbing, electrician, operating engineer, longshoreman, laborer, nuclear, teamsters, painters, iron workers, welders, stage hands, elevator constructors, etc.

You get paid to learn. Once you make journeymen, you are almost guaranteed 6 figs a year. Constant work and excellent benefits. If you pay attention to your investments and do 20-30yrs you will retire a millionaire and have a fat pension coming in.

If you live on the coasts it’s easier to find a Union to join.

If you have any questions about Union work hit me up. I had 10yrs under my belt before I left.

4) entrepreneurship.

Risky risky. However I encourage it. Especially if it’s in a service industry. You know how to fix these motorized bikes? Open a shop in your garage to start. Stack your bread and market yourself.

You can detail cars? Start small and then market yourself focusing on branding. Network and put yourself in situations where you will meet people that can use your services such as car meet ups, used car lots etc.

You will need working capital for almost any business. If you have a proof of concept and a business plan you can get loans from banks or other lenders, sometimes family.

Best to go this route if you have a job that provides enough time to do your own business on the side until your side business can pay your bills.

5) government jobs. You won’t get rich but you can get comfortable. Especially in DC and other capital cities. Firefighter, Police, FBI, mailman, air traffic controller, contracting officer, etc, all have excellent benefits and job security.

Thoughts:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
1st my definition of success:

Able to afford to own a home in a good neighborhood .
Have money left over to invest.
Raise children.
Have a vehicle and money to travel.
Making yourself a quality mate and father type.

1) College for an advanced specialized degree. A general degree in business or sociology you can wipe your ass with.

Go for engineering, law, medical, computer science. You want to make as close to six figures as possible upon graduation.

You will have a large amount of student loan to pay back, unless you stacked up grants and scholarships.

2) Military! Enlist in Navy or Airforce if possible. Don’t forget coast guard. You can follow a high academic path and get trained in medical, engineering etc for free. You just have to know what you are enlisting for. Don’t let the recruitment officer sign you up for nothing without double checking.

Apply for the military academies while you are enlisted. West Point, navy academy and Airforce academy are top notch. If you get accepted you got it made.

Graduating you can work anywhere. Contractors will be offering you big dollars. @Wiseborn drop more info please.

3) Union jobs - you can join an apprenticeship straight out of high school. Plumbing, electrician, operating engineer, longshoreman, laborer, nuclear, teamsters, painters, iron workers, welders, stage hands, elevator constructors, etc.

You get paid to learn. Once you make journeymen, you are almost guaranteed 6 figs a year. Constant work and excellent benefits. If you pay attention to your investments and do 20-30yrs you will retire a millionaire and have a fat pension coming in.

If you live on the coasts it’s easier to find a Union to join.

If you have any questions about Union work hit me up. I had 10yrs under my belt before I left.

4) entrepreneurship.

Risky risky. However I encourage it. Especially if it’s in a service industry. You know how to fix these motorized bikes? Open a shop in your garage to start. Stack your bread and market yourself.

You can detail cars? Start small and then market yourself focusing on branding. Network and put yourself in situations where you will meet people that can use your services such as car meet ups, used car lots etc.

You will need working capital for almost any business. If you have a proof of concept and a business plan you can get loans from banks or other lenders, sometimes family.

Best to go this route if you have a job that provides enough time to do your own business on the side until your side business can pay your bills.

5) government jobs. You won’t get rich but you can get comfortable. Especially in DC and other capital cities. Firefighter, Police, FBI, mailman, air traffic controller, contracting officer, etc, all have excellent benefits and job security.

Thoughts:
This is standard information that should be pumped into ever breh's brains

I got the ass wipe degree that I never used and Joined the army as an enlisted. Man

But what you're saying is optimal

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
If you wanna stay anonymous and I can't see your mansion and trophy wife, I'm not going to take you serious when you give input on success because you could be fronting, living in a homeless shelter just typing things that sound nice.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If you wanna stay anonymous and I can't see your mansion and trophy wife, I'm not going to take you serious when you give input on success because you could be fronting, living in a homeless shelter just typing things that sound nice.

Breh you have issues.

Usually this isn’t how people front online.

Please ignore my threads from here on, you are turning into a stalker.

Daps
under trump?

:usure:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
you are turning into a stalker.

:duck:

I don't give 2 fux about you like that. Someone in another thread called me white. You coli posters just make up all types of bullshyt lies when your claims are actually challenged realistically.

And your response is a deflection. You were supposed to post video footage of your mansion and your trophy wife to convince me your words have actual merit. You were supposed to prove me wrong and make me go :ohhh:

But obviously you can't do that. :ehh:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
@Amerikan Melanin,Look man, I don't have an issue with you. Maybe my comment seemed confrontational so I'll say it differently. We are in the TikTok era. The era of being faceless and attempting drop knowledge died out when Smartphones became a new way to post on the internet instead of just laptops and computers. There's this guy named Mr Organik on YouTube and he does the exact same thing you are doing with the whole life coach thing. Only difference is we can see him. We can see his luxury cars and his girls. He even goes as far as showing his luxury cars getting repo'd to show you the downside as well. That's what you are competing with. The era of talking a good game but we can't see you and the manifestation of your words is dead. There's too many Black Men we can see on Youtube, IG and TikTok talking it and showing it. And if we can't see you then you can easily fall into the category of just trolling, which is why those faceless Reddit stories that go viral are always considered entertaining trolling that we know isn't real but we entertain it anyway. That's all I'm saying.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
7) stay away from toxic women. All your hard work can vanish in an instant just because of a toxic woman’s emotions.

Good point.

You can throw everything away getting with the wrong woman. Gotta have someone that is as driven as you but that can play her position.

Leadership skills must be learned as a man.