Your least favorite movie trends of the past few years

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I have a few
  • CGI monster fights as a final boss in the third act of your movie. I think I hit my final straw at shang chi because it completely ruined the movie tbh, but between that, eternals, Shazam, Shazam 2, most of the guardians series, even free guy with Reynolds vs cgi Reynolds...they just ruin the stakes because they can't be compelling, since they're giant emotionless cgi monsters. Like imagine the final boss of FFVII wasn't sephiroth, it was the Emerald Weapon :unimpressed:
  • 2 part cliff hanger endings. I want an ending. This year's biggest movies other than Mario's whole purpose was to set up part 2. Fast X, spiderman, MI:DR, dune is about to I'm sure...while they don't hide it...I want a fukking ending to my stories especially when it happens this frequently.
  • Entire cgi worlds. It is wild how much better movies from 1968 and 1980 (2001 and empire strikes back respectively) look than today's movies. Antman 3 looked fukkin phony as hell...just generic space looking cgi wall paper. Don't get me started on The Flash... I don't want to know the characters in movies are in a fake world. At all. The worlds all look fake as fukk...it's something I'm low key tired of accepting.
What are yours?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not sure it is the last 2 years but definitely the last decade Oscar bait type movies having no endings or endings that resolve very little of the plot.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Not sure it is the last 2 years but definitely the last decade Oscar bait type movies having no endings or endings that resolve very little of the plot.
Yeah, by that I don't mean they started in the past two years, but they have been prevelant.

I felt the way you said about Tár and Triangle of Sadness

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Saw Banshees of Insherin recently and it definitely applies.
oh yes....it absolutely does. These are movies that put performances ahead of story and ignore resolution because the acting is so good...the epitome of oscar bait.

To be fair, i actually did like Banshees still but like I said...give me a resolution of some kind please

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The Multiverse
they've successfully killed the concept. I give spiderman a pass since its been a part of his cannon for ages, but the incredible overuse of the idea has ruined any interest I have in secret wars / incursions, etc associated with the future of the avengers, and sadly, most of my interest in Loki season 2.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
oh yes....it absolutely does. These are movies that put performances ahead of story and ignore resolution because the acting is so good...the epitome of oscar bait.

To be fair, i actually did like Banshees still but like I said...give me a resolution of some kind please
Yeah, I liked it to just saying when it ended me and my wiz were like "Huh?"

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Its more a trailer trend I hate, but that thing that's been happening in trailers where some hit song is remixed to sound creepy and ominous. It was cool the first couple of times but now I'm just tired of it.
Lets slow down “sweet dreams” by annie lennox or “heart of the city” by jay-z so now its dramatic :lupe: haha good call

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lets slow down “sweet dreams” by annie lennox or “heart of the city” by jay-z so now its dramatic :lupe: haha good call

I like when the name of the movie is ‘Heart of The City”

And they just loop the sample of “aint no heart, aint no heart, ain’t no heart” pause and cue dramatic catch phrase “in the heart of the city”