Your All-Time Favorite Side Quests

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What are some of yall’s all time favorite side quests from any game/generation?

If it’s a more recent game spoiler that shyt tho:whoa:

First one that comes to mind for me is the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion, particularly the murder-mystery one in the mansion where you’re the killer and instigating everybody to turn on each other. Brilliant quest design on all levels :banderas:

Aside from all the branching paths, acting out the crucifixion scene was some of the craziest shyt I’ve ever seen or done in a video game :damn:

Also the mystery/conspiracy behind the Blue Eye Men in the Peralez quest will forever have me :lupe:

The Hiji phone AI quest line in Yakuza 6 one of the funniest ones in the entire series:pachaha:. She starts getting jealous and talking shyt about Siri and gets possessive over Kiryu:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Tower Full of Mice

Journal Entry

A horrible curse had befallen Fyke Isle and the tower that stood upon it. Half a year prior, Lord Vserad had moved his court there, seeking shelter from approaching Nilfgaardian armies. While famine raged all around, the lord of Velen wallowed in excess and cared not a whit for his suffering vassals. The gods saw fit to punish him and, towards this end, cursed him. One day, a host of mice scurried into the tower and proceeded to devour everything, including Vserad, his court and his resident mage, Alexander.The isle had been haunted since that day, and fishermen feared to sail the lake, putting yet another dent in the already battered local economy. The local peasants thus asked Keira to lift the curse, and she turned to the witcher for help. Enticed by Keira's charms and her promise of additional rewards, Geralt took on the task. The sorceress equipped him with a magic lamp he could use to commune with dead souls, gave him a firm pat on the rear for good luck and sent him off to lift the curse.

If Geralt brings Anabelle's remains to Graham:
During his investigation of the isle, Geralt discovered the lord's daughter, Anabelle, was the key to lifting the curse. She had died along with the others and her spirit now roamed the tower's empty halls, trapped in this vale of tears by her love for a fisherman named Graham.Geralt thought taking her remains to the fisherman would solve everything - but instead it led to catastrophe. Anabelle, he discovered, was not an unfortunate lost soul but a dangerous plague maiden. The wraith had tricked Geralt - when he removed Anabelle's remains from the tower the plague maiden was freed from her prison and ventured out into the world to spread disease and pestilence.

If Geralt brings Graham to the tower:
During his investigation of the isle, Geralt discovered the lord's daughter, Anabelle, was the key to lifting the curse. She had died along with the others and her spirit now roamed the tower's empty halls, trapped in this vale of tears by her love for a fisherman named Graham. Geralt lifted the curse by bringing Graham back to see his love, but the story did not end happily. The young man's kiss dispatched the wraith into eternal slumber, but killed Graham - for, as Geralt realized all too late, Anabelle's ghost had become a deadly plague maiden, a spectral sower of disease and pestilence.

Andale quest

Sinnerman quest

Daps
What are some of yall’s all time favorite side quests from any game/generation?

If it’s a more recent game spoiler that shyt tho:whoa:

First one that comes to mind for me is the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion, particularly the murder-mystery one in the mansion where you’re the killer and instigating everybody to turn on each other. Brilliant quest design on all levels :banderas:

Aside from all the branching paths, acting out the crucifixion scene was some of the craziest shyt I’ve ever seen or done in a video game :damn:

Also the mystery/conspiracy behind the Blue Eye Men in the Peralez quest will forever have me :lupe:

The Hiji phone AI quest line in Yakuza 6 one of the funniest ones in the entire series:pachaha:. She starts getting jealous and talking shyt about Siri and gets possessive over Kiryu:mjlol:

I was LITERALLY gonna go with Dark Brotherhood from Oblivion too :russ:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion is the funnest side story ever. A highlight from that questline was called “Whodunnit”.

Planted poison apples in the bowls to kill the guests:wow:

The other was sneaking into the old mans home and dropping the taxidermy on his head.

Then there was cutting off the captains finger and putting it in the drawer as a warning shot:birdman:

My guy Lucias Lechance got falsely accused at the end of the storyline and paid the price.:picard:

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Brotherhood quest in Skyrim. Still remember reanimating that traitors burnt corpse so she could serve me for eternity :demonic:

Killing every last person on that boat :blessed:

Backstabbing that arrogant jerk in the tavern who originally asked for the job to be done :ufdup: