"Young man born in 2019." - The innocence of childhood is a luxury Black children do not have.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/2
"Young man born in 2019."

The innocence of childhood is a luxury Black children do not have.

2/2

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

GPxdmVyXYAAsJxO.jpg

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Those are the racist filth patrolling Black neighborhoods armed and looking to kill.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I really dont like you posting that tweet as the headline :scust:

And I’ll tell you why. The power of the tongue is real. The power of the subconscious mind is real. The cop is a bigot and yes that’s how white people view kids….But you post this title as if what that bigot thinks is your reality, our reality. It’s a defeatist mindset and you are giving them FAR too much power. You are also conditioning yourself and others to sink into that ideology

And all of that is the internet in a nutshell. Negative affirmations disguised as news.

‘It’s so hard to be a black woman’
‘Men ain’t shyt’

If you walk around saying that you gon live it. All that woe is me shyt. We have lost recipes

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
This is the one of the most frightening things I could see, and it hits me personally as I am only ideologically equipped (with friend experiences) to handle protecting my son. I am a white male, and his mother is from Jamaica. So I don’t know how one carries experiences of racism, and not only that, a system that will be always against you. It has to be draining to say the least

I will do anything to protect my son, but for this devil to show zero compassion for a kid (and kids at minimum to an adult is under high school age in my mind, high schoolers should be considered kids as well), that’s 4/5 years old… it’s deflating, and it makes me reconsider how to build my kids mind, on information. It’s a balance, I want him to be a kid and not consumed with preventative, true American racism information that effects his holistic life prospective, but it’s more important to protect him..

I was raised around white people (wasn’t isolated, had plenty of black friends who are considered family), but I don’t know THESE white people.. my heart breaks honestly, and leaves me searching for many more answers to questions on my mission (protecting my family), then I ever thought I would have, to truly protect them.

Last edited: