Young And Hungry - Dallas Cowboys 2017 Offseason Thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I understand why they took risks on some of these defensive players - they wanted a quick fix to the perpetual talent deficiency on that side of the ball.

If we're going to take this philosophy, then we have to develop a better structure to keep these guys out of trouble. Whatever we have now btw Garrett-Jerry-Calvin Hill-etc. is not working. It's Garrett's responsibility to fix it, not play dumb when he's asked about it...which is what he did in his PC yesterday several times.
He probably like most of us in that he don't have answers. I know the difference is he is the head coach but I think that's hard to figure out how to stop. I'm sure or at least I hope dude trying different things but the only thing I can think of is not drafting cats like that.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

"I would literally boycott the team until he was gone.

Scum."

"Why would America's Team bring in somebody that hates America? :huh:"

"I would kneel every time he played"

:mjlol: :mjpls:

"Give me Ryan Fitzpatrick!

Better quarterback and another smart guy in Dak's ear is not a bad thing.

Fitzpatrick may want to sign with a team that will give him a better shot to play but I hope we are at least keeping tabs on him."

:mjpls:

"I don't think political stances belong in the game. People watch to forget all the BS and enjoy the game not to see some idiot making some social commentary especially in a country that allows him to make millions for playing a game."

:ehh: This post got a point

"If you know the dfw area and Texas in general then you would know this is an impossibility."

@dtownreppin214 Yeah, I will not be joining. :hubie: I would go complete HAM on those white supremacists. :manny:

Those CAC would ban me with the quickness. :skip:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:mjlol:

"I would literally boycott the team until he was gone.

Scum."

"Why would America's Team bring in somebody that hates America? :huh:"

"I would kneel every time he played"

:mjlol: :mjpls:

"Give me Ryan Fitzpatrick!

Better quarterback and another smart guy in Dak's ear is not a bad thing.

Fitzpatrick may want to sign with a team that will give him a better shot to play but I hope we are at least keeping tabs on him."

:mjpls:

"I don't think political stances belong in the game. People watch to forget all the BS and enjoy the game not to see some idiot making some social commentary especially in a country that allows him to make millions for playing a game."

:ehh: This post got a point

"If you know the dfw area and Texas in general then you would know this is an impossibility."

@dtownreppin214 Yeah, I will not be joining. :hubie: I would go complete HAM on those white supremacists. :manny:

Those CAC would ban me with the quickness. :skip:
Lol it's not just that, the mods are super strict about everything.

Hell if they knew my old name on there they would ban me asap. :russ:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Clowns on Cz defending Garrett :hhh:

I swear that place is the epitome of :mjpls:
I'll say this. Many are saying it's more on Jerry than Jason and I am understand that argument. Jason didn't want Hardy or Gregory. Both are counted towards that number. Jason was likely ready to rid the team of Rolando to. But that Gregory and Hardy picks were all Jerry. Jerry doesn't have as much influence as say, 2010. But he still has his voice.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Lol it's not just that, the mods are super strict about everything.

Hell if they knew my old name on there they would ban me asap. :russ:

Yeah I been over there lurking for a little while now...

I've thought about joining, I like team message boards. I was on a few for my Miami Hurricanes, but those aren't as strict. I'm scared I'd go over to CZ and make folk very mad, plus I don't like crazy restrictions bc some Rethuglican Texan feels he's right to be racist. I'll continue to lurk and get my tidbits of info

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I'll say this. Many are saying it's more on Jerry than Jason and I am understand that argument. Jason didn't want Hardy or Gregory. Both are counted towards that number. Jason was likely ready to rid the team of Rolando to. But that Gregory and Hardy picks were all Jerry. Jerry doesn't have as much influence as say, 2010. But he still has his voice.
Is there any proof of that?

Plus, if you take them out we're still #1 on that list.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Is there any proof of that?

Plus, if you take them out we're still #1 on that list.
I don't have direct proof but the quotes and body movements tells me that he wasn't all crazy about getting some of these players. Jason probably had as much input on bringing them two in as much as Monty Kiffin coming to Dallas in 2013. Look at the reaction of Jason when Gregory was drafted. One of the fakest smiles you ever could see. I thought it was already known that Jason didn't care for that draft pick. As far as Hardy, the fact that he made the quote ,and I'm paraphrasing, that we aren't interviewing but interrogating you told me he wasn't all that enamored with bringing him in as well.

If you take out the three players I mentioned, it drops down to 56. McClain and Gregory alone accounts for 60 of the 100.

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I don't have direct proof but the quotes and body movements tells me that he wasn't all crazy about getting some of these players. Jason probably had as much input on bringing them two in as much as Monty Kiffin coming to Dallas in 2013. Look at the reaction of Jason when Gregory was drafted. One of the fakest smiles you ever could see. I thought it was already known that Jason didn't care for that draft pick. As far as Hardy, the fact that he made the quote ,and I'm paraphrasing, that we aren't interviewing but interrogating you told me he wasn't all that enamored with bringing him in as well.

If you take out the three players I mentioned, it drops down to 56. McClain and Gregory alone accounts for 60 of the 100.

If you take out the three players? :what:

C'mon fam, those are his players. Regardless if he felt some type of way about bringing them in, at the end of the day he didn't stop the moves. I think Jerry is at a stage in his career/life that he would actually listen if Jason were to put his foot down regarding a certain player. None of these players were forced on Jason like T.O./Parcells. Parcells had disdain for T.O. from day 1. Jason actually did a background check on Ro with Nick Saban and praised him a lot during the '14 season.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
If you take out the three players? :what:

C'mon fam, those are his players. Regardless if he felt some type of way about bringing them in, at the end of the day he didn't stop the moves. I think Jerry is at a stage in his career/life that he would actually listen if Jason were to put his foot down regarding a certain player. None of these players were forced on Jason like T.O./Parcells. Parcells had disdain for T.O. from day 1. Jason actually did a background check on Ro with Nick Saban and praised him a lot during the '14 season.
Only for Parcells to change his mind in the media and said he did want T.O. I can see your point on McClain but I still would bet he didn't want him after the first time his suspension was announced. But Hardy and Gregory, nah. I don't think he cosigned these players. If you don't think any of the players that's currently or was currently in Dallas was not forced on this team by Jerry. I don't know what to tell ya. Just have to agree to disagree there.

Last edited: