Young And Hungry - Dallas Cowboys 2017 Offseason Thread

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Richard Sherman told friends this offseason he imagined himself playing for Cowboys

By Jon Machota, Staff WriterContact Jon Machotaon Twitter:@jonmachota

Although Richard Sherman was probably never going to be traded, his potential availability was one of the NFL's hottest offseason topics.

Seattle made no secrets about it, they were willing to trade the four-time Pro Bowl cornerback. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider were very open about the possibility.

According to a recent story by ESPN's Seth Wickersham, "Sherman had told friends that he allowed himself to imagine playing for the Cowboys."

An intriguing thought considering cornerback was arguably the Cowboys' biggest need heading into the draft. Veteran corners Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne left in free agency.

Imagine a position group that has struggled to force turnovers adding Sherman, who has intercepted 30 passes over six seasons.

But Dallas was unlikely to ever meet Seattle's demands.

Wickersham wrote that "unless bad teams like the Bills or Browns gave up two first-round picks, he wasn't going anywhere."

The Cowboys weren't giving up two first round picks for Sherman. Not at the age of 29. Not with the cornerback depth in this year's draft class.

Dallas used its second round pick on Colorado cornerback Chidobe Awuzie and its third round pick on Michigan cornerback Jourdan Lewis. Both are expected to contribute immediately.

:wow: Damn what could've been

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Defend Garrett for what? Its the offseason what could he have done in the offseason? Did I miss something
They're defending the fact that we have double the amount of games missed due to suspension compared to any other team the last 3 years.

4th straight year we'll be missing a defensive starter for the first month of the season due to suspension. It's time to acknowledge there is a problem in the "process".

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
They're defending the fact that we have double the amount of games missed due to suspension compared to any other team the last 3 years.

4th straight year we'll be missing a defensive starter for the first month of the season due to suspension. It's time to acknowledge there is a problem in the "process".
Oh ok. I'm a believer in personal responsibility on this but when some people like Gregory and Ro get suspended I can see how some are like not surprised. The thing is some of them same people will whine when we don't take a Spence and dude does good in the league. Its a no win situation and then you have cases like Irving who wasn't a drug dude that I knew of. Maybe he was but you can only do so much to weed them out IMO. I mean what do you think they can do to help limit this?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Oh ok. I'm a believer in personal responsibility on this but when some people like Gregory and Ro get suspended I can see how some are like not surprised. The thing is some of them same people will whine when we don't take a Spence and dude does good in the league. Its a no win situation and then you have cases like Irving who wasn't a drug dude that I knew of. Maybe he was but you can only do so much to weed them out IMO. I mean what do you think they can do to help limit this?
I understand why they took risks on some of these defensive players - they wanted a quick fix to the perpetual talent deficiency on that side of the ball.

If we're going to take this philosophy, then we have to develop a better structure to keep these guys out of trouble. Whatever we have now btw Garrett-Jerry-Calvin Hill-etc. is not working. It's Garrett's responsibility to fix it, not play dumb when he's asked about it...which is what he did in his PC yesterday several times.