You wanted to buy all digital games being cute...Now you gotta pay the price! :lol::beli::wow:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
According to the reddit post. He wasn't the only one that had this issue.

And EA apparently deleted his case ID too and the entire conversation... Not sure why he didn't screen shot the entire convo but, it is what it is

Another one had this story:

Basically the same thing happened to me, nearly all my games disappeared from my origin library and when I contacted them all they said was "there is no trace of you ever owning these games" and "games don't just disappear" and when I provided receipt they just disconnected the support chat. I am never again buying games via origin.

EA fukking up it seems. And they are trying to hide it. Why? Who knows.

and apparently, his reddit post was temporarily removed for an unknown reason, and people are thinking it was EA that did it

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: WOW....

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
reminds me of this:

BUT dude in the video sounded like he was also tryna okey dokey nintendo, or he was't really sure of what the policies werre

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
This fear mongering is stupid. PC games have been all digital for like a decade now. I literally have over 1600 digital pc games and not one of them has ever been made not to work. shyt, even games that have been taken off Steam still play just fine (and yes, you can still download them again).

Digital is most definitely the future. Get used to it :ufdup:

Even games like the original Prey and Alan Wake (just some examples off top) that were taken off the Steam Store, you can still buy on places like G2A and redeem the codes on Steam no problem.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
But why would you give these companies the power to turn your game off and erase your account tho??? Aren't you playing into their hands by following their plan with the all digital release... Also I have never lost any of my games or broken any of them at all...:heh: I put them right back into their case. or get a cd sleeve it makes it easier.
The same reason you put your money in the bank. There's a certain insurance that your funds/games are protected in ways that walking around with cash/physical discs can't offer. There's more benefits and conveniences doing it one way versus the other but it still has shortcomings. The difference is the shortcomings of the bank/servers however detrimental they are, are far less frequent and more liable than cash/discs. If the bank/server loses your money/games, then it's far more possible to get your shyt back than if you lost cash or discs. Ain't no getting that back. At least this way, they are subject to litigation.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Issue not being escalated high enough.

These companies keep backups if their user data.

There's no way ea could be so Incompetent that all traces would be completely erased. Support to lazy or not trained to escalate things to the right people

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
So you take a 1 out of every 10 million instance that will more then likely be resolved and use it as an overarching example against digital content? Good logical argument

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I mean, it’s true. :yeshrug:

How hard would it really be for Sony or Microsoft to force an update to play a new hit game on their systems that also makes some game not work anymore? For instance, If RDR2 made you update your system to play the game, are you really not going to download that update? Are you really not going to play RDR2? :francis:

They already do this.

When i had my ps3, you couldnt play certain games with out an updated OFW.

Since my ps3 was CFW, you had to either wait for CFW update to spoof latest OFW or do something with the game files that changed the lowest required OFW.

Its the same way with ps4 i believe.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Digital is what makes game pass possible. You guys are living in the past man. Even old ass people that only watch TV have accepted this and you "tech" literate folks are holding on to archaic ass optical media :mjlol:
You said everyone would be digital in 08 :mjlol:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You said everyone would be digital in 08 :mjlol:
For every other media it basically is. It did not make sense for a crowd that is into tech to hold onto to old ass forms of media. I think the last game I purchased on disc for the PC was Fallout 3 because I wanted the lunch box.

I guess they are still putting the PS4/XBOX One near the VCR.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's one thing that scares the fukk outta me...shyt they already delist games for licensing reasons, nothing really stopping them from preventing you to download your previously bought shyt.
now that licensing thing is one thing. But even then you could probably sue them and win.

look folks. if you purchase your games digitally. you have a digital receipt or receipts. all you have to do is pull out them receipts and thats that. The same way they can reverse a bogus transaction or a duplicate transaction in error by going back to see your receipts. is the same thing they can do if by some wack situation and the servers lose your game.even if your consoles servers go blank and so does Ea's servers all at the same time(probably not going to happen) you could then go to your credit card company and show that you purchased something from the store X amt of times for X amt of dollars. again proving you bought that stuff and they need to put it back or give you your money back.