You wanted to buy all digital games being cute...Now you gotta pay the price! :lol::beli::wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This fear mongering is stupid. PC games have been all digital for like a decade now. I literally have over 1600 digital pc games and not one of them has ever been made not to work. shyt, even games that have been taken off Steam still play just fine (and yes, you can still download them again).

Digital is most definitely the future. Get used to it :ufdup:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
you "tech" literate folks are holding on to archaic ass optical media :mjlol:

3o7qEaq3bcwTxfIxlS.gif

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I mean, it’s true. :yeshrug:

How hard would it really be for Sony or Microsoft to force an update to play a new hit game on their systems that also makes some game not work anymore? For instance, If RDR2 made you update your system to play the game, are you really not going to download that update? Are you really not going to play RDR2? :francis:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I mean, it’s true. :yeshrug:

How hard would it really be for Sony or Microsoft to force an update to play a new hit game on their systems that also makes some game not work anymore? For instance, If RDR2 made you update your system to play the game, are you really not going to download that update? Are you really not going to play RDR2? :francis:

That's exactly why it wouldn't happen, they're not introducing firmware for 1 game that breaks compatibility of other games.

Two, developers patch their own game and are the ones that get their games pulled from stores.

People would just read the news online and not download the patch

:patrice:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
When this becomes a more frequent thing I'll worry about it until now I'll keep loading my large library of games at blazing fast speeds

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
lol who would download that update?
You add that into the firmware of the console, not into a game patch.

Sony does it all the time, Nintendo recently did it to circumvent the hackers.

That's why you can't even play games you bought physically out of the box without going online IF you updated your Switch or bought a game with a higher firmware key than your Switch.

Gaming has been like this for a long time.

The days of owning your shyt is out the window, You're leasing that mother fukker like Microsoft Windows. if you break TOS, you can be banned and your entire library put in the trash

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh

ALL of YOU are going to learn...:francis: Just you watch... Someone don't like you personally at Msoft, EA, Sony, They reach into your account and erase your profile...You don't exist as this case we've seen... Also this is not the first time THIS has happened.
You didn't answer my question...

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
According to the reddit post. He wasn't the only one that had this issue.

And EA apparently deleted his case ID too and the entire conversation... Not sure why he didn't screen shot the entire convo but, it is what it is

Another one had this story:

Basically the same thing happened to me, nearly all my games disappeared from my origin library and when I contacted them all they said was "there is no trace of you ever owning these games" and "games don't just disappear" and when I provided receipt they just disconnected the support chat. I am never again buying games via origin.

EA fukking up it seems. And they are trying to hide it. Why? Who knows.

and apparently, his reddit post was temporarily removed for an unknown reason, and people are thinking it was EA that did it

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The likelihood of this occurring is significantly less frequent than having a physical disc break, stolen or lost. What are we bytching about in here? That one method isn't perfect?
:gucci:

But why would you give these companies the power to turn your game off and erase your account tho??? Aren't you playing into their hands by following their plan with the all digital release... Also I have never lost any of my games or broken any of them at all...:heh: I put them right back into their case. or get a cd sleeve it makes it easier.