You should put multi-factor login on all your accounts

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Somebody been probing several of my accounts online trying to log into them and reset my passwords. I’m guessing they’re using info from a known leak. All my typical passwords have been compromised years ago.

I use LastPass now with long generated passwords and put multi factor with an authentication app on everything possible. It’s annoying but has kept my accounts safe.

My Best Buy account was compromised years ago and somebody ordered an iPad. This was before Best Buy had multi-factor. Since my emails are all secure I got the notification and canceled the order. Last year somebody got into my Dominos account of all things and cashed out my points for a free pizza. Caught that via email and canceled it before they picked up the pizza.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Funny enough, I just received an email from IG just now stating that someone tried to reset my password, then this thread pops up

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
I tethered my emails (main and secondary) to my phone, but when I had to get it fixed couldn't sign into s***. Just make sure you leave one account with multi factor off.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Funny enough, I just received an email from IG just now stating that someone tried to reset my password, then this thread pops up
I got one on my Apple account yesterday and my I got an email to my Gmail today that somebody tried to reset a Best Buy account that didn't exist. Once one of these services gets hacked people will take your email / pass from that leak and run trough all major sites with those credentials. That's why I had to get LastPass cause I was notorious for reusing passwords.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
sometimes my phone doesn't get the code text smh. but yeah, i gotta get it done for all my logins

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i thought this was common practice now

also if you want to get extra with it, get one of these joints:

then of course the auth apps...don't really recommend SMS or email codes, if there's more than that as an option

Unfiltered

The Dan Bongino Show (Mon. – Fri. 12p-3p ET)
Daps
Good thread, I get Facebook reset passwords stating I'm having trouble logging in when I never log in.

A password was compromised a few years back but nothing involving money just gossip sites.

However some sites don't have MFA, only google, Microsoft and so forth. I don't bank on my PC at all, all on my phone.

But I do have best buy CC but I never use it.

Google thread though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i thought this was common practice now

also if you want to get extra with it, get one of these joints:

then of course the auth apps...don't really recommend SMS or email codes, if there's more than that as an option
SMS is a last resort. Plenty of people have been socially engineered out of their cell phones via a SIM swap and had their accounts ransacked. I use Authy. which also has multi-factor on it. That and Last Pass with multi-factor.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just noticed The Coli has 2FA. Putting some of these other clown sites to shame.