You ever get that feelin, when you'e ridin thru hood, and just want to stay there forever

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Had this happen today.

I just made a trip quicc to da gas station, den drove right bacc to da crib. While im drivin on the main road, im jus lookin around. I see my old HS to the right off me, the basketball court and the little kids on the football team

to the left i see the mickey Ds every goes to, a gang of lil nikkas up to no good, young hoodrats with they lil brothers, people i went to school with, older nikkas who was the dudes in the hood when we was still lil broke 12 year olds, the mexicans chillin at the corner store after a day at work, i swear that shyt jus felt like a ice cube music video :wow:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Seeing your old neighborhood, the spots you used to kick it at with your homies, and maybe a few areas where something legit in your life happened. Going home to the hood can bring up all sorts of emotions, especially if you moved on to a come-up of some sort.

You find yourself like "damn, did I do right by myself and my block by leaving?".

It's a trip how those feelings jump out at you, and ESPECIALLY if you drive by one of your food joints and them smells take you back :noah:

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
Yes, because I grew up in Germany - driving through historic Mainz would make me stay there.

However a neighborhood that was once black but is now full of racist illegal mexican home-depot chillers and their soon to be pregnant/quincera daughters and vato sons - would not conjure up a desire to live in that shyt hole again.