Yo How Can Multi-Millionaires Be Against Tax Hikes?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
let's say you make 18 million a year. take home is around 15. so, yeah, you already losing 3 million of that. are you telling me that it's SOOOOO wrong if the government wants to take maybe, 1.5 million more? so, you're left with 13.5. that's over HALF of the original 18 million a year. then, when you look at the sheer advantages that even a million a year affords someone, it becomes all the more obvious that taxation for the purpose of redistribution is just and necessary for a fair society.

so i ask, what the fukk does someone taking 13.5 million NEED that makes them vote for republicans so they can pay lower taxes??

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Its still your money, you should have as much of a say on how much you get to keep as a broke nikka

Everyone should party the same tax rate in my opinion, except people below or close to the poverty line. After all, if you're not starving what's an extra couple thousand a year? :aicmon:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its still your money, you should have as much of a say on how much you get to keep as a broke nikka

Everyone should party the same tax rate in my opinion, except people below or close to the poverty line. After all, if you're not starving what's an extra couple thousand a year? :aicmon:

This.

:laugh: at the idea that if OP was making 18 million, he'd be :ehh: about giving up another $1.5 million on some "the govt earned this" steez. :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This.

:laugh: at the idea that if OP was making 18 million, he'd be :ehh: about giving up another $1.5 million on some "the govt earned this" steez. :pachaha:

If I was making 18 mil before taxes, and left with 13.5 after. it wouldn't hurt me. be fukking real with yourself. 13.5 mil isn't enough? and this is just one of much more modest examples i could have trotted out. imagine the ones who are making that much tenfold. if you can't be satisfied with that, there is something seriously wrong with you.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I was making 18 mil before taxes, and left with 13.5 after. it wouldn't hurt me. be fukking real with yourself. 13.5 mil isn't enough? and this is just one of much more modest examples i could have trotted out. imagine the ones who are making that much tenfold. if you can't be satisfied with that, there is something seriously wrong with you.

A modest tax hike at whatever income level you're at right now wouldn't hurt you either. It wouldn't put you into poverty. It wouldn't mean you'd have to stop eating or enjoying life. So what's the deal? Would you be against a modest tax hike for yourself since it wouldn't hurt you much?

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
not sure why anyone would need more money than they can figure out what to do with really but find another way to make more money

yea you might have "earned" that 18 mil and you want it all to yourself but what is that doing for the country you live in and claim to be such a patriot for? if all your doing is hogging up all the "wealth" your not helping anyone but yourself and maybe your familys future generation of 10 or so people lets say out of millions on millions

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not sure why anyone would need more money than they can figure out what to do with really but find another way to make more money

yea you might have "earned" that 18 mil and you want it all to yourself but what is that doing for the country you live in and claim to be such a patriot for? if all your doing is hogging up all the "wealth" your not helping anyone but yourself and maybe your familys future generation of 10 or so people lets say out of millions on millions

:manny: That's capitalism my man.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A modest tax hike at whatever income level you're at right now wouldn't hurt you either. It wouldn't put you into poverty. It wouldn't mean you'd have to stop eating or enjoying life. So what's the deal? Would you be against a modest tax hike for yourself since it wouldn't hurt you much?

No. I understand, in this economic climate, that sacrifices must be made. I certainly wouldn't object to a nominal increase in the rate. before obama, our taxes were actually higher, and they were still too low then.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. I understand, in this economic climate, that sacrifices must be made. I certainly wouldn't object to a nominal increase in the rate. before obama, our taxes were actually higher, and they were still too low then.

Too low? :huhldup: Man fukk taxes.

Well I mean you know you can donate to bring down the tax bill, right?

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
I notice that the more money you make they more frugal you tend to be. You're trying to hold on as much as you can. Usually for investment or other wealth-building purposes.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I notice that the more money you make they more frugal you tend to be. You're trying to hold on as much as you can. Usually for investment or other wealth-building purposes.

This.

I've got more money than most folks my age, but I'm the cheapest mf'er I know. :yeshrug:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation

:why: at this

How can you believe in a flat tax when that simply amounts to a massive tax break for those making serious money, and a massive tax hike on those making less. The government would be totally unsustainable at flat tax levels.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:why: at this

How can you believe in a flat tax when that simply amounts to a massive tax break for those making serious money, and a massive tax hike on those making less. The government would be totally unsustainable at flat tax levels.

Austerity. I'd be down. It would get the govt the hell out of every aspect of our lives, and stop trying to control everything.

All we need the govt for is to create and enforce laws (I'd actually leave this up to states anyway), protect our borders, maintain roads and utility systems, and regulate certain critical industries. The rest, they need to gtfoh.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Austerity. I'd be down. It would get the govt the hell out of every aspect of our lives, and stop trying to control everything.

All we need the govt for is to create and enforce laws (I'd actually leave this up to states anyway), protect our borders, maintain roads and utility systems, and regulate certain critical industries. The rest, they need to gtfoh.

You're probably a very busy man with a lot of things going on in your life so I'm not going to expect you to understand economics, so I'll make this as simple as possible.

1. Austerity has been tried in almost every country in Europe, including Greece since 2009, and has failed everywhere. This is an empirical fact.

2. The stuff you're mentioning, protecting borders, maintaining infastructure and regulation all costs money. There are basic functions of the government that are so essential to the system that must be maintained. As far as "excessive spending" that occurs largely in defense, and in the form of tax breaks and subsidies.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're probably a very busy man with a lot of things going on in your life so I'm not going to expect you to understand economics, so I'll make this as simple as possible.

1. Austerity has been tried in almost every country in Europe, including Greece since 2009, and has failed everywhere. This is an empirical fact.

2. The stuff you're mentioning, protecting borders, maintaining infastructure and regulation all costs money. There are basic functions of the government that are so essential to the system that must be maintained. As far as "excessive spending" that occurs largely in defense, and in the form of tax breaks and subsidies.

I wouldn't say I'm terribly busy, but I'd be down to give it a shot. The only other option is to continue spending money we don't have, and then austerity happens on it's own in the form of a depression.