YMMV Walmart WD BLACK 1TB SN850 NVMe SSD with Heatsink $69

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Yes this works in a PS5 but I'm looking to get a few of these for my PCs to replace my 512GB SSDs. My local stores show unknown but I'm checking the 2 I live close to anyway.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Werent you use shytting up the other thread talking about how proprietary ssd is better :mjlol:
-he said he's trying to get them for his PC's

-regardless of how he feels about proprietary SSD's, there are no proprietary SSD's for the PS5 (or PC)

-pretty sure he was just trying to let peeps know about this deal (but it seems these are sold out everywhere)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Werent you use shytting up the other thread talking about how proprietary ssd is better :mjlol:
Sorry I don't take the fanboy extremist point of every argument. Things are more nuanced than that. What I actually said was

From a consumer usability standpoint there it literally no argument about what is better. Talking price that's a different argument. Your argument is price renders the usability argument interevent. Maybe for you yeah. Some consumers don't care about price. Some consumers have multiple devices and a hot-swappable external storage is infinitely better than having to open and remove things and open and install them.

I mean your argument reapplied could be that a landline phone and a cell phone are both phones. The landline phone is cheaper so it's better. The logic doesn't hold up.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sorry I don't take the fanboy extremist point of every argument. Things are more nuanced than that. What I actually said was

I mean your argument reapplied could be that a landline phone and a cell phone are both phones. The landline phone is cheaper so it's better. The logic doesn't hold up.

Comparing a cellphone to a portable SSD is a wild analogy considering the fact that most of time they are sitting in a stationary device. Not to mention there is only one manufacturer for it, there’s no alternative to an iPhone for what we’re discusisng much less a landline. The problem with you and most of the xbox stans on here is you overrate the functionality of the proprietary device.

“Yeah, but i can take it over to my friends or families house when i want to play games there” 🧢

Theres no scenario where having less options is better. Its just too hard for some of yall to admit you were wrong

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Comparing a cellphone to a portable SSD is a wild analogy considering the fact that most of time they are sitting in a stationary device. Not to mention there is only one manufacturer for it, there’s no alternative to an iPhone for what we’re discusisng much less a landline. The problem with you and most of the xbox stans on here is you overrate the functionality of the proprietary device.

“Yeah, but i can take it over to my friends or families house when i want to play games there” 🧢

Theres no scenario where having less options is better. Its just too hard for some of yall to admit you were wrong
On the Xbox Series X storage I can pull it out of my console and put it in someone else's console keeping my games and other items across difference consoles. On the PS5 the expandable storage lives in my console. If I open the console and pull it out and put it in someone else's console the data is not usable in a different console. So again it's more nuanced than saying the price on one is cheaper than the other therefore it's better.

Just like a landline. If you just want a phone to use in the house and never plan to take it outside a landline could be cheaper and better.

Here is a scenario. You have a kid and over your house they have an Xbox Series over your ex-wife's house one of her other kids also has one. Your kid can pull the card when they go over the other house and have all their stuff available on that other unrelated console no need to spend more than that card's price.

Another scenario is console is damaged or destroyed. Yank the card and plug it into the new console data preserved. On a PS5 even if I pull that hard drive and it survived it's gonna need to be formatted to work with another console.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
On the Xbox Series X storage I can pull it out of my console and put it in someone else's console keeping my games and other items across difference consoles. On the PS5 the expandable storage lives in my console. If I open the console and pull it out and put it in someone else's console the data is not usable in a different console. So again it's more nuanced than saying the price on one is cheaper than the other therefore it's better.

Just like a landline. If you just want a phone to use in the house and never plan to take it outside a landline could be cheaper and better.

Here is a scenario. You have a kid and over your house they have an Xbox Series over your ex-wife's house one of her other kids also has one. Your kid can pull the card when they go over the other house and have all their stuff available on that other unrelated console no need to spend more than that card's price.

Another scenario is console is damaged or destroyed. Yank the card and plug it into the new console data preserved. On a PS5 even if I pull that hard drive and it survived it's gonna need to be formatted to work with another console.

At the end of the day, it still has more functionality, which is why tthis thread exists in the first place. You can pull your SSD out your ps5 once its dead or PS6 comes out and format it and put it in your PC, or resell it.

Your xbox memory card is dead the moment the series x and s are dead and its resell value dies with it.

All these scenarios about bringing your memory card to different places is pure bs :mjlol: none of you are doing this.Thats even assuming xbox has as wide of adoption rate as other platforms to begin with to warrant such a scenario.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
At the end of the day, it still has more functionality, which is why tthis thread exists in the first place. You can pull your SSD out your ps5 once its dead or PS6 comes out and format it and put it in your PC, or resell it.

Your xbox memory card is dead the moment the series x and s are dead and its resell value dies with it.

All these scenarios about bringing your memory card to different places is pure bs :mjlol: none of you are doing this.Thats even assuming xbox has as wide of adoption rate as other platforms to begin with to warrant such a scenario.
I've owned multiples of a console in the same house on different TVs. Yeah having a hotswapable drive the size of a small card would have been nice.

I also have multiple drives from PS3s and PS4s I've used in those consoles and never used again. Still have the drives to this day in a closet. The price and tech on storage advances so fast I don't even bother repurposing those old drives an anything else because they either don't hold enough to matter or are too slow compared to what's available now.

When the PS6 comes out the drives on the market will be much better than a drive you pull from a console that's 5-6 years old or older.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've owned multiples of a console in the same house on different TVs. Yeah having a hotswapable drive the size of a small card would have been nice.

And how many people own multiple xbox series consoles in one house hold and why would they need an expanded memory if so? Seems like the solution to a problem no one asked for

Out of the 20 million people that own xbox series consoles how many of those people own multiples, how many of them know people that have also have series consoles that they visit? The convienence of swappable memory is cute when its a 30 dollar memory card not 400 dollar accessory.

Again, the functionality of swappable memory is overstated by people trying to make a puzzle piece fit to make sense of why they made such a horrible decision

I bet most series S owners that are living on that meager 356gb would be more than happy to only have to pay 100 dollars or less to get an extra terabyte of memory.

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Man can you even find this deal anywhere? I went on Walmart to see if it was in stock nearby and it’s not.

Double checked on brickseek and all it says is unknown. Hate these YMMV type of deals