Yeah, might be time to cut some friends out

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
I've been struggling for the past month, staying with friends until I could get my money together and get an apartment, but it seems my accommodating other people is causing them to be mad when the result is not to their liking and it's getting on my nerves.

A friend of mine and myself decided to get a two bedroom apartment and we went to see it and put in a deposit, and when we were making our way back, she had an attitude and after asking her what's wrong she said it wasn't to her expectation. I'm here like :mindblown: because we are so close to having keys and she didn't have an issue before and now she does and just to appease her we're gonna have to go back to square one and I'm gonna have to live on fumes just to earn the last bit to pay a new rent amount. This isn't the first time she's done this. I honestly don't know what to do right now, because these people are getting on my nerves but at the same time I am very dependent on them for a place to lay my head and eat.

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
Live on your own and stop calling flighty people your friends

Edit: if living on your own is too expensive right now, you should head home and save up
I'm in college.
I'm currently in another city

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hate when people do that. Speak up and say something and not after the fact.

It’s probably too late but I know you probably thought it was a good idea at first (because of familiarity) but I wouldn’t advise living with friends. I always told my friends that it’s nothing personal but I’d rather not put our friendship in that situation because it changes the dynamics of the relationship.

A good friend doesn’t equal a good roommate. Issues will arise when living with someone and I think it’s easier to approach those with a stranger. With your last thread it seemed like your “friends” (and I use that term loosely) trivialize your feelings while a stranger might be more respectful to your feelings.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I've been struggling for the past month, staying with friends until I could get my money together and get an apartment, but it seems my accommodating other people is causing them to be mad when the result is not to their liking and it's getting on my nerves.

A friend of mine and myself decided to get a two bedroom apartment and we went to see it and put in a deposit, and when we were making our way back, she had an attitude and after asking her what's wrong she said it wasn't to her expectation. I'm here like :mindblown: because we are so close to having keys and she didn't have an issue before and now she does and just to appease her we're gonna have to go back to square one and I'm gonna have to live on fumes just to earn the last bit to pay a new rent amount. This isn't the first time she's done this. I honestly don't know what to do right now, because these people are getting on my nerves but at the same time I am very dependent on them for a place to lay my head and eat.
Stop calling her your "friend".
Just be cordial with em until you can get outta there.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do what you gotta do until you can bounce, just remember they aint really a friend.

being room mates can turn good friends into enemies...take it from me.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
These "friends" aren't friends. Have you thought about vetting other student or look in campus adds for people looking for a roommate? How much longer do you have left?

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
From your other threads and this one, it seems u need some new friend, jesus christ :what: