Yay or Nay: Reserved seating at Movie Theaters

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I say a big MFin Yay:

The theater I hit up in town is primarily all reserved seating, meaning when you buy the tickets you picked the seats. I like that because when you buy the seats early, you have your seats picked and reserved, you dont have to worry about getting to the theater early to get good seats. This is really cool in situations where you are trying to see the big time movies (avengers, FF6, star trek) on that first weekend, you can walk into the theater 5 minutes before it starts and have your seats saved instead of having to fight for the good seats

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I say a big MFin Yay:

The theater I hit up in town is primarily all reserved seating, meaning when you buy the tickets you picked the seats. I like that because when you buy the seats early, you have your seats picked and reserved, you dont have to worry about getting to the theater early to get good seats. This is really cool in situations where you are trying to see the big time movies (avengers, FF6, star trek) on that first weekend, you can walk into the theater 5 minutes before it starts and have your seats saved instead of having to fight for the good seats

Yep. One of those "theater grill" type places up here does it and it's dope. We buy our tickets a week in advance, walk in 2 mins before the previews start, sit right in the middle, recline the chair, hit the button, get a martini, some popcorn, steak sandwich, and a sierra mist.... shyt is sublime.

:ohlawd:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. One of those "theater grill" type places up here does it and it's dope. We buy our tickets a week in advance, walk in 2 mins before the previews start, sit right in the middle, recline the chair, hit the button, get a martini, some popcorn, steak sandwich, and a sierra mist.... shyt is sublime.

:ohlawd:

cosign, im about to grab tickets for friday for FF6 in a couple hours, just checked online and no one has bought tickets, grab some seats and can walk into the theater 5 minutes before start time instead of having to get there 30 minutes or more early

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I hardly go to the movies. Sad but true.
I watch 99% of movies via DVD rental.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I like it, cuts the bs of waiting in lines and shyt on opening weekends. I do need more theaters to get on the attached restaurant tip tho so you can get food (without sneaking that shyt in in the "big purse") and drinks.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
yay!

there was a movie theatre by Upenn called the bridge (its there but new management) anyway back then u could go online buy tickets and reserve your seat (had a seating chart on their site it was dope)...they were also one of the 1st to incoporate those ticket swipe machines that print your tickets when u swipe your C.C so u didnt have to go to the counter

they also had a bar/lounge area that served good food too....so u could chill get twisted before the movie and stumble into your seats without worrying about anything they had ushers on hand to regulate that shyt too....ushers also helped minimize talking and noises during flicks...

the experience was :ohlawd:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Yup just did it on Sunday with Star Trek 2 in AVX. Reversed seating, copped all 4 seats online, picked them right off the live seating chart. No line, walk in right before the previews, aisle seats too :ahh:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like it, cuts the bs of waiting in lines and shyt on opening weekends. I do need more theaters to get on the attached restaurant tip tho so you can get food (without sneaking that shyt in in the "big purse") and drinks.

cosign, the theater my girl and I go to frequently has a bar upstairs, has a gelato, a bar upstairs and a restaurant downstairs, Ive never tried the food, but i might on FF6 I just got our reserved tickets for 835pm, the 1010pm showing was all but sold out except for the front rows

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
yay!

there was a movie theatre by Upenn called the bridge (its there but new management) anyway back then u could go online buy tickets and reserve your seat (had a seating chart on their site it was dope)...they were also one of the 1st to incoporate those ticket swipe machines that print your tickets when u swipe your C.C so u didnt have to go to the counter

they also had a bar/lounge area that served good food too....so u could chill get twisted before the movie and stumble into your seats without worrying about anything they had ushers on hand to regulate that shyt too....ushers also helped minimize talking and noises during flicks...

Going to the Bridge is all good until other posters interrupt your date to say what up. :leostare:

Thank god I wasnt wearing my orange kufi that day. :whew:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
yay!

I think it's called rave now, we went there plenty of times, you can take drinks from the bar to your seat now, I need more theaters like this...plus they had a great student discount :blessed:

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
:russ:

i was thinking that when i was typing too...i played it off smooth though

*rick ross voice*we never met before then but she ain't eeeiiin know it*rick ross voice*

My wife was really mad that you didnt like The Dark Knight, too. After you left, she was like "how is that possible!? :damn: "

The Bridge under new management now? Is that lounge in the back still cool spot to kick it?