Yay or nay: A woman(or man) is only as good as his/her family

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
A woman with a triflin family is a HUGE red-flag even if the woman herself seems great. No matter how much you like her.

End of the day, she still has most of the teachings/logic of her family and the ways she grew up. You might really like her, but once things get serious, the mess starts to come out little by little. I suppose we all have a little bit, but some things are obviously worse than others.

My cousin married(and divorced) a dude who's family saw no issues with stuff like electricity being cut off, b/c they were used to it growing up. They were used to family/parents just slacking financially on basic needs such as electricity growing up. Eventually, he started slackin on his end of the finances and not paying the bills.

That was the end of the line for the relationship. NOBODY in my family finds stuff like that acceptable AT ALL.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I thought this was a no brainer? people are often judged by the company they keep. e.g. you have a girlfriend whose family members are on some bullshyt and her friends are hoodrats. No matter how cool she seems, there is something suspect about her keeping whack females as friends and family members that are lazy/misbehaving/willfully ignorant.

I'm extra careful when it comes to dating out of my race for this reason. If a girl has friends that are racist and her family members let a racist comment slip out I charge her ass to the game and keep it moving.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
This true, most of the time. Too bad some of us have to learn the hard way :sadcam:

:sadcam:

I tried to give my ex the benefit of the doubt.

Her older sister was a hoodrat :smh:

Her moms was still clubbing :smh:

Moms married a old ass nikka still throwin up blood gang signs on facebook :smh:

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
I think so. There's exceptions to this tho.

I agree. If I was going by this logic, I wouldn't be 8 years with my man.

He comes from a shytty family. They didn't really show him any love growing up, and made him feel like he wasn't wanted. They were never tight knit like my family is. But he turned out different. He's a lil jaded at times because he wishes he had a family like mine, but he didn't turn out like them at all.

Daps
I actually never put thought to this. :ohhh:

A lot of my ex's had some broken ass families, one had mommy issues and her dad spoiled her, the other had ex drug addict parents that were bout that life. These hos were fukking crazy...:whoo:

When it comes to my main girls I try not to judge them by their upbringing cuz some people learn from the fukked up shyt their family does. I know my family is wild as fukk, so i'd be a hypocrite, but i think you right with this one.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
not true, look at families with multiple kids, some are day and night. i've seen very reasonable well put together focused people come from fukked up/trifling families/situations and i've seen fukk ups come from stable moral upper middle class homes. your parents have a lot of input into who you are, but i also feel like around high school - college people shape themselves, either rejecting, accepting, or some hybrid thereof of their previous backgraound

• Dap
Reactions: YBE
Daps
judge others for something they can't control? i guess it is okay for people to judge you for stuff like your gender, race or nationality as well.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I actually never put thought to this. :ohhh:

A lot of my ex's had some broken ass families, one had mommy issues and her dad spoiled her, the other had ex drug addict parents that were bout that life. These hos were ****ing crazy...:whoo:

When it comes to my main girls I try not to judge them by their upbringing cuz some people learn from the ****ed up **** their family does. I know my family is wild as ****, so i'd be a hypocrite, but i think you right with this one.

Yeah I'm just saying it's a red flag...not that they're unmarriable.

My father always tells me that whenever you marry someone, ur marrying the whole family, not just that person.