Y'all think WWE was "cooking the books" financially over the years?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I guess it doesn't matter now with the sale getting done, but think about it.

I can't recall one time where they have publicly reported a loss over the past 10-12 years.

Miz as champion...."we just reported record profits year over year and our best quarter in company history."

Horrible TV ratings and bad house show attendance....."We beat quarter compared to last year at this time, and year over year we are on track for the best year in company history"

How? I mean I know Cena moved massive merch, and there was always deavors season, but cmon son. Your product worse than ever, low attendance, low ratings.....but yet you're gaining massively more money than the Austin/Rock era?

Always sounded fishy to me.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think so though, those TV deals + Saudi deal put them in a position to always make money

no matter how trash the ticket sales/merch sales end up due to a trash product/booking decision.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It's literally criminal to do that as a public company.
Of course it is, but when you run in the same crowd as Trump and similar others, you know the loopholes.

And they have always inflated things like attendance numbers.

I'm not saying they did, just seems odd that when they're losing attendance, ratings etc, they are posting the greatest years in company history.....every year

Huda2daf

Superstar
Daps
The streaming, live shows, and merch sales. I can see them making some bread

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think so though, those TV deals + Saudi deal put them in a position to always make money

no matter how trash the ticket sales/merch sales end up due to a trash product/booking decision.
This, there is a reason WWE turned so kid/pg friendly. Merchandising and advertisers pay big bucks. People underestimate how valuable something like wrestling/WWE is to TV companies as well. That's a show every week guaranteed. Werent ppl talking about cereal being on the barricades or something? All that type of stuff will increase once Endeavor takes over.

4cf4dcac0aceb64a13344692b300eeb7.png

Looking at this chart Im sure the rise in the B2B mirrors the rise in WWE going PG.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
This, there is a reason WWE turned so kid/pg friendly. Merchandising and advertisers pay big bucks. People underestimate how valuable something like wrestling/WWE is to TV companies as well. That's a show every week guaranteed. Werent ppl talking about cereal being on the barricades or something? All that type of stuff will increase once Endeavor takes over.

4cf4dcac0aceb64a13344692b300eeb7.png

Looking at this chart Im sure the rise in the B2B mirrors the rise in WWE going PG.

Props on this post