Y'all nikkas Told Me To Grab The Shield TV, Y'all nikkas Owe Me Root Help

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
How is it? Does it run Hulu well? I have a Fire Cube and it's mediocre.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Xfinity stream app

There is a hacked Xfinity stream mod for the Shield out there. I installed it on mine but it's been awhile.. it's on the xda developers forum. You're going to need to use sideload launcher of course. It's not perfect and you need to use an app with a trackpad for it to be any use but it works. It's ridiculous those fukking thieves at comcast haven't released one for android TV... the roku app sucks too.

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
How is it? Does it run Hulu well? I have a Fire Cube and it's mediocre.
Fire cube is tridash asscheeks, the 4k fire stick is faster. The basic ass fire stick probably is too. The fire tv gen 2 is the best one they had but discontinued it

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
There is a hacked Xfinity stream mod for the Shield out there. I installed it on mine but it's been awhile.. it's on the xda developers forum. You're going to need to use sideload launcher of course. It's not perfect and you need to use an app with a trackpad for it to be any use but it works. It's ridiculous those fukking thieves at comcast haven't released one for android TV... the roku app sucks too.
The Shield needs to be rooted to use it?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nope. But you do need sideload launcher to be able to see it. There really is zero reason to root the Shield.
Ok good looking bro, I just googled that shyt. I have no idea why I thought it needed to be rooted to use it.

I got a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse set yesterday to navigate the root, do I need that for certain apps that are naturally incompatible with the Shield?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I just got a 4K box from Xfinity and :scust:, every channel looks awful. Since when has streaming links (YouTube tv, ect) look better than official cable boxes? They are all streaming the same resolution correct (ESPN and AMC uses 720p, while Showtime and HBO uses 1080p) regardless of the device outputting it (upsampled to 4K of course)????

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Ok good looking bro, I just googled that shyt. I have no idea why I thought it needed to be rooted to use it.

I got a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse set yesterday to navigate the root, do I need that for certain apps that are naturally incompatible with the Shield?

For the hacked Xfinity stream app, you're gonna need a mouse or the shield app which has a trackpad option. I saw your other post, I've noticed that the quality on some channels on the app during live sports games etc can be shyt.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
For the hacked Xfinity stream app, you're gonna need a mouse or the shield app which has a trackpad option. I saw your other post, I've noticed that the quality on some channels on the app during live sports games etc can be shyt.
I ain't even know I ain't have to root to use the Shadow PC app, THIS FIXES ALL MY NEEDS.

I can set the resolution to 4K 60Hz and just stream in a browser for Xfinity.

I was planning on using this to game on here but I can use it to watch TV on, FULL WINDOWS SYSTEM.

Thank y'all nikkas for this Shield TV reccomendation .

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I could never get my Surface Pro 3 to access 4K at 60Hz no matter what I tried and I know for sure it's possible, I was forced to set the tablet to 1440p to use Shadow at 60hz, at 4K only 30 was an option. The input lag was impossible at 30hz so I stuck with 1440p at 60.

I got full 4K at 60 thru the Shield now :blessed: