Xbox stans answer me a question

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
If were to have two xbox one's in the home can i have one xbox live gold account for both systems and be able to use them at the same time. Say I'm signed on to my xbox live gold account and my brother is on the other xbox using his account that is under my xbox live account umbrella?

Still not sure which system to get since i have to buy two systems for the house. I don't game that much and while i do prefer the ps4 exclusives and it looks like it has more power i like the idea of the interface and voice control for my tivo using the Kinect

but i know for sure i can buy a game on the ps4 digitally and share it with my family on another playstation in the home as long as it has my account

so i just need some clarification before i figure out which 2 systems to get as a pair

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
No you can't use the same account at the same time. You can bring one account to another system but not at the same time. You can't do that on any system as far as I know.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
If were to have two xbox one's in the home can i have one xbox live gold account for both systems and be able to use them at the same time. Say I'm signed on to my xbox live gold account and my brother is on the other xbox using his account that is under my xbox live account umbrella?

Still not sure which system to get since i have to buy two systems for the house. I don't game that much and while i do prefer the ps4 exclusives and it looks like it has more power i like the idea of the interface and voice control for my tivo using the Kinect

but i know for sure i can buy a game on the ps4 digitally and share it with my family on another playstation in the home as long as it has my account

so i just need some clarification before i figure out which 2 systems to get as a pair
The account sharing thing is known on xbox, not known on PS4. The PS4 also doesn't have games for it yet.
Now to your question. Yes, the first xbox in your house if it has a gold account with it, then ever other account used on that system can go online as GOLD.
That 2nd system you bought, just sign in with your Gold account on that as well and you good.

You said on PS3 you know you can share your games? Only once. That same feature you always been able to do on xbox. What PS3 used to let ppl do was share up to 5x the same game. Even back then, xbox allowed you to share one time. Then PS3 made it one share LIKE XBOX. But the difference is on xbox you can log in on any xbox and retrieve your games via the internet to play on any system. On Xbox One they was gonna let you do that via the cloud which means no redownloading of the game on other systems. It will just play from the cloud. Supposedly it'll still work like that as long as you buy the game online. So Xbox One by far is the better choice to do even what you want. Now fukk outta here :birdman:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
No you can't use the same account at the same time. You can bring one account to another system but not at the same time. You can't do that on any system as far as I know.

ok two live accounts shouldn't be a problem however can both be on both systems and a way to share the games within the same household on both systems

thats all i really want...still so unsure which pair to get for my needs. Not a heavy gamer probably the occasional madden and every now and then the great single player games like mgs4 ...

i can probably just get a google tv type thing to have voice control of my tivo channels if i go the ps4 route

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
The account sharing thing is known on xbox, not known on PS4. The PS4 also doesn't have games for it yet.
Now to your question. Yes, the first xbox in your house if it has a gold account with it, then ever other account used on that system can go online as GOLD.
That 2nd system you bought, just sign in with your Gold account on that as well and you good.

You said on PS3 you know you can share your games? Only once. That same feature you always been able to do on xbox. What PS3 used to let ppl do was share up to 5x the same game. Even back then, xbox allowed you to share one time. Then PS3 made it one share LIKE XBOX. But the difference is on xbox you can log in on any xbox and retrieve your games via the internet to play on any system. On Xbox One they was gonna let you do that via the cloud which means no redownloading of the game on other systems. It will just play from the cloud. Supposedly it'll still work like that as long as you buy the game online. So Xbox One by far is the better choice to do even what you want. Now fukk outta here :birdman:

thanks i'll use that knowledge in my decision making. The other day i'm on my tivo and i forgot what channel was the nfl network and i said damn i wish i could just talk into the remote and say nfl network and it dawned on me that what the xbox does would be useful to me

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
thanks i'll use that knowledge in my decision making. The other day i'm on my tivo and i forgot what channel was the nfl network and i said damn i wish i could just talk into the remote and say nfl network and it dawned on me that what the xbox does would be useful to me
It will remember your favorite channels and programs as well, then it'll give you reminders/etc. And it learns this for every person in the house. Just peep this video, because for some reason some posters spend all day spreading false info :snoop:

All your questions, answered :win:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Im not a stan, but the best way to handle this is to get two X1s and set one as a home account. This one is where are your games should be bought and the one that is paying for gold should be paid on. Because anybody on the home account can use your gold and all downloads will be available offline. Since everything is linked to your account you can access anything on any console even games and gold as long as you are connected to the internet. I do this now with me and my sisters xbox, whatever xbox you download something on first has access to it offline(on the 360, but i think on the one you just choose one as a home). So any season passes and such we only have to buy once, and now that games will be available for download you will only have to buy any game or DLC once (make sure you do it first on the designated offline console) if you choose to go 100% Digital (which besides saving money will allow you to have the instant game switching)

So to sum things up have a family console that will be able to access any game offline on any profile, and sign into the other guest Xbox as your profile and as long as you have internet you will be able to have everything on the guest xbox. so you can buy one copy of titan fall, and play with your bro on two separate X1s each signed into his own profile earning their own stats and/or achievements

Last edited:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Im not a stan, but the best way to handle this is to get two X1s and set one as a home account. This one is where are your games should be bought and the one that is paying for gold should be paid on. Because anybody on the home account can use your gold and all downloads will be available offline. Since everything is linked to your account you can access anything on any console even games and gold as long as you are connected to the internet. I do this now with me and my sisters xbox, whatever xbox you download something on first has access to it offline(on the 360, but i think on the one you just choose one as a home). So any season passes and such we only have to buy once, and now that games will be available for download you will only have to buy any game or DLC once (make sure you do it first on the designated offline console) if you choose to go 100% Digital (which besides saving money will allow you to have the instant game switching)

So to sum things up have a family console that will be able to access any game offline on any profile, and sign into the other guest Xbox as your profile and as long as you have internet you will be able to have everything on the guest xbox. so you can buy one copy of titan fall, and play with your bro on two separate X1s each signed into his own profile earning their own stats and/or achievements

I like this i can roll with that...ill just get ps4 down the line when the heavy hitters for them come out