Xbox series S will play backwards compatible games better than Xbox one X, but not in 4k.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
There was a narrative that because the series s does not target 4k that games will be less than next gen. But the series S could run that unreal engine video that got most of you excited for next gen in the first place at the same resolution as the ps5.

The Xbox one x could not achieve the same. I hope that visual calms you doubters down but if logic isn't enough then let me show you actual video of the series s doing things the one x will never do...

Just keeping the community up to par on the facts vs the rumors, I know this info will upset some of you :smugbiden:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
At dynamic 900p.

First party XB1 games will run better. I doubt that most 3rd party developers will bother going back to update games to improve resolution and framerate. I predict most 3rd party backward compatible will run 30 FPS upscaled.

Last edited:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
At dynamic 900p.

First party XB1 games will run better. I doubt that most 3rd party developers will bother going back to update games to improve resolution and framerate. I predict most 3rd party backward compatible will run 30 FPS upscaled.
Gang green talking 4K this 4K that and most of their base about to be playing 900p games again

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
At dynamic 900p.

Well sir, I'm all for educating those who seeketh :myman:

A Microsoft spokesperson told GameSpew the Xbox Series S will allow you to play the Xbox One S versions of backward compatible titles. "To deliver the highest quality backwards compatible experience consistent with the developer's original intent, the Xbox Series S runs the Xbox One S version of backward compatible games while applying improved texture filtering, higher and more consistent frame rates, faster load times and Auto HDR," the spokesperson said.
This is automatically applied from a system level :banderas: it's up to the developers if they wanna optimize further or add assets that were not previously possible. You thought a developer had to put in work to make anything happen? :ufdup:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Well sir, I'm all for educating those who seeketh :myman:

This is automatically applied from a system level :banderas: it's up to the developers if they wanna optimize further or add assets that were not previously possible. You thought a developer had to put in work to make anything happen? :ufdup:
That's nice if true. I'll be getting the XSX so it wouldn't matter to me.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
At dynamic 900p.

Gotta bump to correct

We got confirmation S will be playing the XB1/360/OG games at 1080p-1440p