Xbox has been enhanced starting today: Assuming you have a capable television...

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Because today they roll out Dolby vision and Atmos for all things Xbox :blessed:

So just a quick rundown on what this means for us gamers...

1.) If you're TV is Dolby certified then you now have Dolby vision which is basically an enhanced HDR. Brights are brighter, colors are more colorful/etc.

2.) Dolby Atmos is basically capable of what Sony has talked about with their tempest engine or whatever it's called, basically with Atmos you can now hear over 100 different particles at the same time.

And these features are available now for over 100 games. The tempest engine thing applies to less than 5 games on the 5, stop it 5 is a way of life for some :francis:

Finally, Dolby is free on Xbox. It comes with the Xbox headset or you can redeem it they the Xbox rewards app or in the perks section with gamepass. I'll drop my impressions later...

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
So here are my thoughts...

I forgot to actually look for compatible games :facepalm: I enabled it in the settings. It's not the same setting as another poster was talking about. It's a new setting you have to turn on if you want it in your games.

I did that, but then I decided to test out lemnis gate. It's ok, the controls are very loose and I didn't even try to adjust. I did finish the tutorial which was much harder than any tutorial I've ever played. So hard that I didn't wanna play the actual game afterwards. And I got two diamond achievements for completing it so that says a lot about the tutorial :francis:

I'll try again later

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Because most people can give two shyts about hearing 100 different particles vs 10 particles, right? fukk all that…where’s the games?

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Because most people can give two shyts about hearing 100 different particles vs 10 particles, right? fukk all that…where’s the games?
You sound kinda stupid right now :francis:

First off there's a stupid amount of games available right now so you're not into gaming period if you're still asking :stop:

But the topic and why you sound crazy. You wanna be wowed. You're literally asking for it. A feature that makes your games look and sound better and you're like "who cares"

What if, a game is cool because of how everything is implemented? A fps for instance benefits immensely from sound. Most popular genre in gaming. Now I'll have my upward firing speakers accurately make it sound like a chopper is hovering above. Just one example.

Two new games release today in gamepass, and then a bunch more next week and every week after that.

If you need a pass for the Halo beta this weekend you let me know and I'll get that to you. Can't have gamers not gaming these days, it's uncivilized :hhh:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I wouldn’t say Dolby Vision is enhanced in the way you stated. Dolby Vision is HDR that can continually update the HDR metadata per frame, and it was the first HDR format to market. So it isn’t enhanced HDR..it is HDR implemented by Dolby
That said, it’s a great feature to have

120hz Dolby Vision doesn't work on Vizio OLED.
That would have pissed me off, had my eye on that tv a few months ago and am still considering it

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I wouldn’t say Dolby Vision is enhanced in the way you stated. Dolby Vision is HDR that can continually update the HDR metadata per frame, and it was the first HDR format to market. So it isn’t enhanced HDR..it is HDR implemented by Dolby

That would have pissed me off, had my eye on that tv a few months ago and am still considering it
LG C series minimum. Getting mine next month

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
If only they had AAA goty winning games to enhance :mjcry:
Next gen version of Psychonauts 2, Halo infinite and Forza Horizon 5 will feature it. Not only will each one of those get nominated, they'll likely all win awards. Too bad you're not a real gamer because you'd be excited about this weekend :umad:
120hz Dolby Vision doesn't work on Vizio OLED.
Yeah that's false and will negatively affect this forum. Basically you're dumbing down this place with your incorrect information :stop:
My Apple TV does this
For apple arcade? (Xbox already did this for Apple+)

1.) TV works fine, only issue is VRR which works but sometimes a hiccup will happen and the screen will flash. Right now all you need to do is switch the input and then switch back and it'll be fixed. This happens sometimes when first booting up a game that uses it. So it's not affecting your gameplay.

Minor inconvenience that will be totally patched away soon enough. And you're wrong about the HDR not being enhanced. They go into detail about how, go to Xbox wire. com if you wanna read the details yourself :handshake:
Cool story, will you be updating your budget Vizio to take advantage of this :jbhmm:
So you'd rather pay twice the price for the exact same panel? Oh wait, a review site said the LG gets a 9 in video quality while the Vizio got and 8.7?

See, you're a sheep. nikkaz tell you what's hot, you're not using intelligence to figure this out. You act like the most popular TV is that because it's the best. When is that ever the case tho :stopitslime:

Then best TV all along was a Phillips that isn't sold in the USA. But now there's plenty more TVs that are better. Not all of them are out yet but very soon. With that said I have the exact same panel as the TV you dikk ride so explain how my picture isn't fantastic. Please, tell me so I can be as educated as you are on this subject :popcorn3:
Court, you aint made a post about Sony's enhancement. Why?
What enhancement they get?