Wwf coined it, butThe attitude era really started in WCW with the NWO

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You can’t look at this entrance and not say it was the recipe for the next era of the wwf. This was early 1997 before DX. Look how swagged out it was.

The attitude era was basically the unprogramming of public sentiment of heel and faces. Basically the writers couldn’t dictate who the fans root for or against. This started with the NWO. They made it cool to root for the heels. It wasn’t about wrestling skills. It was about charisma style and ATTITUDE. WCW just didn’t know how to handle it and ended up over saturating it worth all the corny branch-offs.

WCW and wwf is equivalent to No Limit record and CMR. No limit was the originator and bigger but peaked earlier and got cornier once it hit the top while CMR was slow and steady to the top and realized how to have longevity.

I can’t believe it ppl out there that believe that DX Was bigger or more impactful than the NWO. That some subjective fanboy shyt

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was pre-attitude era attitude in 1996 wwf as well - Austin 316 speech, Pillman gun angle, etc. they just went full throttle in 97

I havent seen a ton of people say DX was bigger or more impactful than NWO honestly... its not a popular opinion. I think most folks have them as equally substantial. more people are wearing NWO shirts in 2023 than DX gear, so I am not sure where you are pulling these opinions from

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
DX was never bigger than the nWo considering the only period of time the WWF revolved around DX was the PPV right after the Montreal Screwjob and then everything after that was based around Austin

WCW got hot because of the nWo and revolved around the nWo until Goldberg hit his peak

DX embodied the Attitude Era more than the nWo in terms of style because you had kids getting in trouble for telling people to "suck it" and the crotch chops could get you potentially fined if you were an athlete doing that shyt. There was nothing about the nWo presentation that would get you in any type of hot water unless you knocked your homie over and started spray painting him :pachaha:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DX was never bigger than the nWo considering the only period of time the WWF revolved around DX was the PPV right after the Montreal Screwjob and then everything after that was based around Austin

WCW got hot because of the nWo and revolved around the nWo until Goldberg hit his peak

DX embodied the Attitude Era more than the nWo in terms of style because you had kids getting in trouble for telling people to "suck it" and the crotch chops could get you potentially fined if you were an athlete doing that shyt. There was nothing about the nWo presentation that would get you in any type of hot water unless you knocked your homie over and started spray painting him :pachaha:
Stop it schools banned kids from wearing NWO shirts, so it indeed was getting kids in trouble jsut off of the presentation. Nobody got in trouble for wearing degeneration shirts.

And now you trying to shrink the DX timeline to moments?:mjlol:DX was in full force from Late 1997 and to early 1999 and then all throughout HHH title reign.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Stop it schools banned kids from wearing NWO shirts, so it indeed was getting kids in trouble jsut off of the presentation. Nobody got in trouble for wearing degeneration shirts.

And now you trying to shrink the DX timeline to moments?:mjlol:DX was in full force from Late 1997 and to early 1999 and then all throughout HHH title reign.

You think elementary/middle schools were cool with a shirt that said "2 words: Suck it" ?? :stopitslime:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

You can’t look at this entrance and not say it was the recipe for the next era of the wwf. This was early 1997 before DX. Look how swagged out it was.

The attitude era was basically the unprogramming of public sentiment of heel and faces. Basically the writers couldn’t dictate who the fans root for or against. This started with the NWO. They made it cool to root for the heels. It wasn’t about wrestling skills. It was about charisma style and ATTITUDE. WCW just didn’t know how to handle it and ended up over saturating it worth all the corny branch-offs.

WCW and wwf is equivalent to No Limit record and CMR. No limit was the originator and bigger but peaked earlier and got cornier once it hit the top while CMR was slow and steady to the top and realized how to have longevity.

I can’t believe it ppl out there that believe that DX Was bigger or more impactful than the NWO. That some subjective fanboy shyt

:mjlol: Not even going to say anything

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Let’s not forget Bret Hart laying the groundwork by not burying the up-and-coming Stone Cold and The Rock :salute: