Wu-Tang Game in Development Being Created by New Brass Lion Studios For Xbox

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So will King sun be your gamertag or nah :shaq:
have no idea what to expect from this
greatness from black excellence because Microsoft is committed to African American content, and but because it was trendy last year :francis:
This will probably be bad....

I saw the man with the iron fists, fool me once...
So out of everything wutang had done, you think this will not work because you didn't like a remake of a movie?

I don't get this new age logic :yeshrug:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
So will King sun be your gamertag or nah :shaq:

greatness from black excellence because Microsoft is committed to African American content, and but because it was trendy last year :francis:

So out of everything wutang had done, you think this will not work because you didn't like a remake of a movie?

I don't get this new age logic :yeshrug:

Look I love Wu Tang but let's be real, maybe if it was an indie beat em up I would be hype but this is way too big to not be bullshyt. If you know games you know this is true.

I'm willing to bet this game is bad:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No way to really tell how it will turn out the only project the studio has worked on together is a podcast.

This will be their first big game together. At least the heads of the studio are people of color though. :yeshrug:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
hope its cool

wu been making some good moves outside music

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Look I love Wu Tang but let's be real, maybe if it was an indie beat em up I would be hype but this is way too big to not be bullshyt. If you know games you know this is true.

I'm willing to bet this game is bad:francis:
you do realize everything wutang been in game wise has been solid. And you're like well even so this will fail because I didn't like a remake movie they did.

You seem like a Sony exec who wouldn't approve of a game unless it had blonde hair and giant bugged out eyes. Well, I'd rather play a game created by nikkaz for nikkaz, nikka :mjpls:

nikka please :stopitslime:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'ma max out Meth level first and give him 10 ability power on blunt rolling.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
you do realize everything wutang been in game wise has been solid. And you're like well even so this will fail because I didn't like a remake movie they did.

You seem like a Sony exec who wouldn't approve of a game unless it had blonde hair and giant bugged out eyes. Well, I'd rather play a game created by nikkaz for nikkaz, nikka :mjpls:

nikka please :stopitslime:

Oh man I cannot wait for this to come out:russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Details first emerged on Project Shaolin in October 2021 following the infamous NVIDIA leak that revealed a slew of project codenames of in-development games. One such leaked project was Shaolin, and the leak subsequently led to reports by WindowsCentral's Jez Corden and VentureBeat's Jeff Grubb (via Game Mess) on what the game could entail and its involvement with Wu-Tang Clan.

According to both reports, the game is a third-person melee-oriented RPG complete with four-player co-op. The game was also said to heavily involve the Wu-Tang Clan members themselves with the game's soundtrack and would feature the likes of loot, weapons, and gear from defeated enemies. According to the reports, the game is in development at Brass Lion Entertainment, a new studio formed in 2019 by Manveer Heir.

Insider Gaming can corroborate these original reports and understands that the game is currently in its Alpha stage.

The gameplay evolves around fast-paced melee combat in third-person, with a strong focus on having both music and combat intertwined. Players can choose from four different weapons that all have different and unique playstyles (single swords, dual swords, etc.). It's understood that the game features a massive catalog of the Wu-Tang Clan's music, most of which has been re-imagined by producer and DJ Just Blaze for the game.

The Wu-Tang Clan's involvement goes beyond just their music, too, as all nine Wu-Tang Clan members are also playable and act as the player's limited-time buff that will give you ultimate moves, increased health, and more.

Gathered loot and items all fit into the game's central social hub, named the 'Neighborhood'. Here, players will be able to sell their loot, listen to music, and show off their unique fashion choices with one another. Sources outlined that the game will be a "welcome space for all players" and will center around characters from BIPOC and historically marginalized communities.

Gameplay sent to Insider Gaming under the condition that the footage doesn't go public and the source remains anonymous shows an animation style somewhat similar to Into The Spider-verse. For example. one front flip with a slam attack contained 7-8 frames of animation. As for the overall visuals, the game is bright, colorful, and anime-like in style. Players can explore the vast world freely, which is described as "blurring the boundaries of reality".

Insider Gaming was unable to get an accurate release date from its sources, but gameplay suggests that the game could still be one or two years away at the very least.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Been waiting for/expecting a wu-tang game since i knew games and rap music were a thing.

Seems like a perfect fit. Something like Sifu with wu-tang paint and music would be dope af :blessed:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been waiting for/expecting a wu-tang game since i knew games and rap music were a thing.

Seems like a perfect fit. Something like Sifu with wu-tang paint and music would be dope af :blessed:
It already came out in the early 2000's
Wu-Tang_-_Shaolin_Style_Coverart.png