Wrestlemania 17 build up

Prez2032

Pro
Daps
Warning: below is the analysis and confession of a wrestling mark who lived this shyt til he was 14 yrs old and shamefully remembers every detail :merchant:

When this first happened (rock gettin his ass beat by Austin and Vince, night later by Triple H) it felt like the world was not right at all! I ain get over that shyt til the summer.:damn: I was like first Austin is heel, beats Rock, and aligns wit Vince. This can't be fukin life bruh.

But when I look back it was really the best storyline that wwf had in a minute and a fitting end to the greatest time in wrestling THE ATTITUDE ERA.

U see this story starts with Rock being the corporate champ and facing AUstin at WM15. Rock got his ass whooped and he should have. He was still a "punk ass kid spittin nursery rhymes" and kissin Vince ass to make it to the top. Yet fwd to April, he stops being the Corporate leader and turns on Shane and finally becomes his own man. Throughout the summer of 99, this nikka on his own becomes the MAN in wwf and puts the beats on Undertaker, Show, Billy Gunn, and Triple H that summer whereas Austin as champion is gettin his ass whooped by Taker, Triple H and the Corporate ministry on a nightly basis. He comes out on top but u can tell his confidence is startin to shake. Even in kayfabe Austin can see ROck is finally becoming the Great One he always knew he would be. This sets up for the epic 99 survivor series showdown wit Rock HHH and Austin. Austin gets hurt and for the rest of the year Rock fights off HHH, Vince, Shane, DX, Undertaker, Benoit, and Kane successfully and has a reign as champion that has been rivaled by only Austin. Austin comes back and it is evident he has lost sum steam (kayfabe wise) and is similar to Jordan in 95. Still the best but can't get the job done. He even gets his ass beat at NWO 2001 by Hunter while Rock becomes a 6 time champ while Austin is still at 4. Wrestlemania 17 is on the horizon and its ROCK AUSTIN 2 but Austin knows this isnt the same kid he faced in 99. U can see when hes with Rock he can't beat him. So in desperation he gets his arch nemesis to help him and still narrowly beats Rock in the main event. Hunter knows he can't get it back wit Rock there and aligns himself with the man he conspired to run over 2 yrs prior.

All in all, I feel like this storyline was awesome and when u look back the seeds were gettin planted yrs before. Jus thought I share my observation wit my tsc brethren

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I remember the Monday Night Raw after WM17 when Austin came out with this theme

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csT-aKDpTSU"]Stone Cold Steve Austin 2001 Heel Theme[/ame]

Couldnt believe he actually joined forces with McMahon :to:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
that theme was and still is trash, it would have been more gutta if you came out with his classic theme

I'm fully convinced that this was his best heel theme, and am continually pissed that he only ever used it once:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wq1AzD8G9g]Stone Cold Steve Austin 1st Alliance Titantron [Rare] - Bionick Redneck - YouTube[/ame]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
People don't talk about it enough but the Austin promo on the next Raw was pretty damn good..the set up and then him using the Rock's phrases for the first time in that capacity. Comedy.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
[ame=http://youtu.be/7QN5_x8jmJk]Wrestlemania 17: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock Promo - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/FqnQEd4X1Vo]Stone Cold After Wrestlemania 17 - YouTube[/ame]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember the Monday Night Raw after WM17 when Austin came out with this theme

Stone Cold Steve Austin 2001 Heel Theme

Couldnt believe he actually joined forces with McMahon :to:

Well you're memory is shytty because Austin didn't have that theme right after Wrestlemania. Austin didn't get that theme until he joined the Alliance during that shytty invasion storyline.

Leading up to and after WM17 Austin had this theme (which is his BEST IMO):

Last edited by a moderator:

NovaKane

Swazy
Daps
Always thought the endin' to that match was so anti-climatic to an otherwise classic. I dunno, shakin' hands with McMahon got no kinda reaction out of me :yeshrug:

I still go back and forth between this and OG as my fav Austin theme. First time I heard it I was like :ooh:

One of the illest video promos ever.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Always thought the endin' to that match was so anti-climatic to an otherwise classic. I dunno, shakin' hands with McMahon got no kinda reaction out of me :yeshrug:

It would have worked better if they had played up the idea that Austin couldn't beat Rock on his own. Austin was just coming off a major surgery and hadn't held the WWE title in over a year.

Instead we got that Debra bullshyt :snoop:

Austin kind of foreshadowed it with his comment about needing to beat Rock more than anything else in the world.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
don't remember that alternate Austin theme, but it sounds good. Always Liked the disturbed version though.

@ A man called hawk, that's the same thing I thought. they should have played up the rock as seemingly unbeatble and Austin for the 1st time in his career being unsure of himself and needing to beat the rock and become wwf champion again all costs. the only hint of that was in the sitdown interview they did with JR

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
People don't talk about it enough but the Austin promo on the next Raw was pretty damn good..the set up and then him using the Rock's phrases for the first time in that capacity. Comedy.
A lot of Austin's promos were good as a heel in 2001

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Warning: below is the analysis and confession of a wrestling mark who lived this shyt til he was 14 yrs old and shamefully remembers every detail :merchant:

When this first happened (rock gettin his ass beat by Austin and Vince, night later by Triple H) it felt like the world was not right at all! I ain get over that shyt til the summer.:damn: I was like first Austin is heel, beats Rock, and aligns wit Vince. This can't be fukin life bruh.

But when I look back it was really the best storyline that wwf had in a minute and a fitting end to the greatest time in wrestling THE ATTITUDE ERA.

U see this story starts with Rock being the corporate champ and facing AUstin at WM15. Rock got his ass whooped and he should have. He was still a "punk ass kid spittin nursery rhymes" and kissin Vince ass to make it to the top. Yet fwd to April, he stops being the Corporate leader and turns on Shane and finally becomes his own man. Throughout the summer of 99, this nikka on his own becomes the MAN in wwf and puts the beats on Undertaker, Show, Billy Gunn, and Triple H that summer whereas Austin as champion is gettin his ass whooped by Taker, Triple H and the Corporate ministry on a nightly basis. He comes out on top but u can tell his confidence is startin to shake. Even in kayfabe Austin can see ROck is finally becoming the Great One he always knew he would be. This sets up for the epic 99 survivor series showdown wit Rock HHH and Austin. Austin gets hurt and for the rest of the year Rock fights off HHH, Vince, Shane, DX, Undertaker, Benoit, and Kane successfully and has a reign as champion that has been rivaled by only Austin. Austin comes back and it is evident he has lost sum steam (kayfabe wise) and is similar to Jordan in 95. Still the best but can't get the job done. He even gets his ass beat at NWO 2001 by Hunter while Rock becomes a 6 time champ while Austin is still at 4. Wrestlemania 17 is on the horizon and its ROCK AUSTIN 2 but Austin knows this isnt the same kid he faced in 99. U can see when hes with Rock he can't beat him. So in desperation he gets his arch nemesis to help him and still narrowly beats Rock in the main event. Hunter knows he can't get it back wit Rock there and aligns himself with the man he conspired to run over 2 yrs prior.

All in all, I feel like this storyline was awesome and when u look back the seeds were gettin planted yrs before. Jus thought I share my observation wit my tsc brethren
Dope analysis

Austin was obsessed with being the champ when he came back from neck surgery