WoW officially stops production due to allegations

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
According to a senior developer, all work has ceased on World of Warcraft thanks to the Activision Blizzard lawsuit.

Last week, news broke that the State of California was suing Activision Blizzard for what it called a “pervasive frat boy workplace culture" where female staff were often subject to harassment. The lawsuit included disturbing descriptions of male employee behavior that included micromanagement, naked photos of a female employee being shared at a holiday party, and "cube crawls", where male staff would drink "copious amounts of alcohol as they crawl their way through various cubicles in the office and often engage in inappropriate behavior toward female employees."

The news was so shocking and disturbing that many Activision Blizzard employees took to Twitter to share their stories. One of them was World of Warcraft senior system designer Jeff Hamilton, who admitted that work has essentially ceased on the game because of the emotional turmoil the lawsuit has inflicted on his team.

"I don’t know what to do. I don’t have all the answers,” wrote Hamiltonon Twitter. “I can tell you, almost no work is being done on World of Warcraft right now while this obscenity plays out. And that benefits nobody - not the players, not the developers, not the shareholders."