Would You Say Alan Wake 1 Was A "Cult Classic" (Or Just A Flop)?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
the engagement so far with Alan Wake 2 doesn't seem very high and there doesn't seem to be much hype, but that seems par for the course with Remedy games; Control wasn't putting up major numbers or going viral either but slowly over time built up an audience and became really successful

would you say Alan Wake 1 was the same and is a legit "cult classic"? or was it just an unsuccessful game in it's time that inexplicably getting a sequel? :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They’re good games there are just much bigger games coming out and that have literally just came out this week

There’s only so much mindshare to go around for all the major releases right now. Alan Wake 2 will get its due come award season

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it was a flop. The narrative was solid but the gameplay was trash to me. Was surprised it got a sequel since the first one look like it had a pretty decent sized budget and it didn't appear as if they made some sort of large profit from it.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh it’s a cult classic which basically means it flopped but the fans loved it enough for a sequel plus Control being tied to it boosted its rep

I personally loved it on the 360 but found it boring on ps5, I may have to go back and play it again. When it became free on ps plus my mind wasn’t into the slow burn