Would you be ok with timed exclusives being the only form of exclusives on Consoles at the cost of cheaper games?

Would you be ok with timed exclusives being the only form of exclusives on Consoles?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
What I mean by this is say Sony and Microsoft stated they would lower the cost of their games day one so instead of games being $70 they would now be $50. The only catch was that in order to balance things financially all exclusive titles would now be coming on other consoles (PS/Xbox) after being out for 6 months.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just said that as a hypothetical incentive offered. Cheaper games for timed exclusives?

Again, value is subjective. I don’t find the price of games vs the time spent enjoying them to be a bad value at the moment. The entire industry shouldn’t change its business model due to a lack of patience.

Of course both consoles are already doing this anyway so it’s not really a hypothetical. Sony is doing pc and xbox is porting everywhere.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Again, value is subjective. I don’t find the price of games vs the time spent enjoying them to be a bad value at the moment. The entire industry shouldn’t change its business model due to a lack of patience.

Of course both consoles are already doing this anyway so it’s not really a hypothetical. Sony is doing pc and xbox is porting everywhere.
Hence why I emphazised consoles.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
don't need timed exclusives. regular exclusives are fine with me. like how gaming used to be. Nobody was playing Mario on sega, or Sonic on nintendo.
Xbox complaining about other consoles having their own games seems stupid to me. Make your own Hov.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Anything to stop games from taking 5-7 years to make. :snoop:

To be fair they should take longer.
A lot of reasons we get fed under-polished and unfinished games is because of how little time developers have combined with the insane demands of current gamers.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
I'm cool with a future like that, especially with Gamepass already existing. But what would he the purpose of a console then..?