World's Oldest Person Says Her Long Life Is a Punishment From God

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...aches-her-129th-birthday/ar-AAxlY49?li=AA59G2

AAxm3wC.img

A Russian woman is claiming to be the oldest person in the world, but says her upcoming 129th birthday is nothing but 'punishment'.

Koku Istambulova, from Chechnya, says she has not had a single happy day in her entire life, and has no idea how she has managed to live this long.

Istambulova, who shuns meat but loves fermented milk, believes it simply is 'God's will' that she will live to see 129 next month.

The claim that Istambulova is about to turn 129 is made by the Russian government, and is based on her internal passport, which shows her date of birth as 1 June 1889.

If correct, Istambulova was already 27 when the Russian Revolution unseated Tsar Nicholas II, 55 when World War II ended, and 102 when the Soviet Union collapsed a generation ago.

During the war she recalls 'scary' Nazi German tanks passing her family home in a village in Chechnya.

She and her family were later deported along with the entire Chechen nation Kazakhstan and Siberia by Stalin who accused them of Nazi collaboration.

Asked how she lived so long, Istambulova told an interviewer: 'It was God's will. I did nothing to make it happen. I see people [who live long] going in for sports, eating something special, keeping themselves fit, but I have no idea how I lived until now.'

'I have not had a single happy day in my life. I have always worked hard, digging in the garden. I am tired. Long life is not at all God's gift for me - but a punishment.'

She is articulate and able to feed herself and walk, but her eyesight is failing. During her long life, she lost several children, including a son who died aged six.

Relatives say Istambulova's only surviving daughter Tamara died five years ago, aged 104. During her long life, she lost several children,

'I survived through the Russian Civil War [after the Bolshevik revolution], the Second World War, the deportation of our nation in 1944 and through two Chechen wars. And now I am sure that my life was not a happy one."

---------

Poor lady....

thekyuke

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You'd be shocked how long people can live if they eat natural,stay stress free and smoke. Grandma died at 106 8 yrs back and a man 15 yrs older than her died 2 years ago almost 130 here in Kiambu county,Kikuyuland.

This Brazilian hit 126 in 2014 smoking a pack a day.

15oldest-man2.jpg

Jean Calment clocked 120 in 1997 though she smoked smoking a decade before due to poor eyesight.

jeanne-calment-smoking.jpg

This famous 109 year old black vet also loves his cigars.

maxresdefault.jpg

Indonesian Sodimedjo reached 145 in 2016 but died last year.

oldest-man-480.jpg

IIRC,the late George Burns was also a cigar smoking centenarian.

Burns.jpg

"Few people in history have been more closely associated with cigars, and when Burns was buried, he was wearing his finest suit, complete with three cigars in his breast pocket.

Comedian George Burns is not only a living legend, he's living proof that smoking between 10 and 15 cigars a day for 70 years contributes to one's longevity."
The Ultimate Cigar Aficionado

In this world things are rarely if ever the way they seem,brehs!

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
You'd be shocked how long people can live if they eat natural,stay stress free and smoke. Grandma died at 106 8 yrs back and a man 15 yrs older than her died 2 years ago almost 130 here in Kiambu county,Kikuyuland.

This Brazilian hit 126 in 2014 smoking a pack a day.

15oldest-man2.jpg

Jean Calment clocked 120 in 1997 though she smoked smoking a decade before due to poor eyesight.

jeanne-calment-smoking.jpg

This famous 109 year old black vet also loves his cigars.

maxresdefault.jpg

Indonesian Sodimedjo reached 145 in 2016 but died last year.

oldest-man-480.jpg

IIRC,the late George Burns was also a cigar smoking centenarian.

Burns.jpg

"Few people in history have been more closely associated with cigars, and when Burns was buried, he was wearing his finest suit, complete with three cigars in his breast pocket.

Comedian George Burns is not only a living legend, he's living proof that smoking between 10 and 15 cigars a day for 70 years contributes to one's longevity."
The Ultimate Cigar Aficionado

In this world things are rarely if ever the way they seem,brehs!

Genetics.

Most people who smoke that much will die before 70 and will be in poor health by the time they reach 50.