world record set, 1020 lbs. deadlift

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:troll: Straps don't count. I didn't see this one but I saw the other PR he set where Arnold was there

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hall is a British beast ... Plus dude seems to be mad likable and has a good comradery with his peers like Shaw

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
:troll: Straps don't count. I didn't see this one but I saw the other PR he set where Arnold was there
Yeah, I was kind of surprised he was using straps. Maybe it was just a record-breaking deadlift, and not a competition deadlift. I'm pretty those straps assisted. Still impressive. I think I've maxed at around 345 lbs.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I was kind of surprised he was using straps. Maybe it was just a record-breaking deadlift, and not a competition deadlift. I'm pretty those straps assisted. Still impressive. I think I've maxed at around 345 lbs.

My all-time max is like 385 no belt, no straps. 420 all-time with straps.

Don't give a fukk about haters talking shyt about straps

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
My all-time max is like 385 no belt, no straps. 420 all-time with straps.

Don't give a fukk about haters talking shyt about straps
Yeah, but you were the one who said straps don't count. :mjlol:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, but you were the one who said straps don't count. :mjlol:

:skip: I was trolling breh. The day I wrote that some guy at the gym coincidentally came up to me after I did a set of strapped deadlifts and was basically trying to punk me :heh:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
:skip: I was trolling breh. The day I wrote that some guy at the gym coincidentally came up to me after I did a set of strapped deadlifts and was basically trying to punk me :heh:
Ha.
I really don't care about whether one uses straps or not. There's an end result involved. If there's a powerlifting competition with rules, one needs to know they are setting themselves up for failure at a meet if they are constantly training with straps. If one is bodybuilding, then it doesn't matter.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ha.
I really don't care about whether one uses straps or not. There's an end result involved. If there's a powerlifting competition with rules, one needs to know they are setting themselves up for failure at a meet if they are constantly training with straps. If one is bodybuilding, then it doesn't matter.

:ehh: Good point breh. Truth is most commercial gyms have really thick pause slippery bars. They suck for deadlifting. I managed to find a nice bar with great knurling and did some raw unstrapped sets with it, but most of the time I just use straps for convenience.